This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There is goodness in the world yet! Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition!

#1dudupupuPosted 2/3/2013 3:13:32 PM
I just got confirmation on shipping for the WE I bought from a guy through PayPal and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

What does this have to do with the topic title, you ask?

I offered the guy $200 flat for it back before they shipped out through Namco, although he had it listed auction style with a bid price of $180-something (with 5 days to boot).

I pestered him until he received it and I, being the stupid honest person I am, told him it was selling for $400+ at this point and if he'd changed his mind about the sale to just let me know (this is after I failed to receive a response from him for quite some time).

At any rate, long story short, this STRANGER decided to fulfill a bargain while taking a known loss of ~$300 for no apparent reason other than to keep his word.

Say what you will about him charging me a premium at all, but you seriously don't find people willing to do this sort of thing. Awesome seller, and the only thing which could change my mind about this is if I actually have a tracking number for a rock or something making its way to my home.

I'll let y'all know, but until then, I had to make known this amazing person!
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#2BurgerTime79Posted 2/3/2013 3:22:50 PM
He's not taking a loss. He's still making money off of the deal. That $400 isn't some sort of after market suggested retail price. It's what some people decided to start charging, and everyone followed suit.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3dudupupu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:26:04 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
He's not taking a loss. He's still making money off of the deal. That $400 isn't some sort of after market suggested retail price. It's what some people decided to start charging, and everyone followed suit.

I understand this, but you gotta admit that not many are willing to do this sort of thing.

I didn't mean "loss" as in a negative, but rather that he was guaranteed at least $200 more than what he charged me and he chose not to.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#4the_great_tidusPosted 2/3/2013 3:33:35 PM
It's a nice collectors edition TBQH the book is fantastic.
---
Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition master race ^_^
Sony Wins Again
#5ozranPosted 2/3/2013 3:35:10 PM
I wish I could have gotten my hands on the book
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#6nonexistingheroPosted 2/3/2013 3:56:02 PM
It's only 90 where I live and it's not that hard to find. Why the hell would you even want to pay like 4 times the retail price?

Rich people have way too much money to waste...
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7StarGoyPosted 2/3/2013 3:59:04 PM
I want some kuni.
#8StarGoyPosted 2/3/2013 3:59:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]