This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think that people underestimate what next gen systems will be capable of?

#1Hucast9Posted 2/3/2013 4:26:47 PM
Do you think that people underestimate what next gen systems will be capable of? - Results (49 votes)
Yes they underestimate. Next-gen consoles will be very powerful.
42.86% (21 votes)
No they don't underestimate. The power of Next-gen consoles wont be huge.
57.14% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Some people expect just an increase in resolution to 1080p native for all games, a minimal increase in graphics, and 60 frames per seconfd for most games.

Some people expect to see graphics and performance like the Samaritan tech demo in real time in launch games. Go look up "The Samaritan Tech Demo" on Youtube or PS3youtube if you don't know what that is.
#2MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 2/3/2013 4:29:20 PM
Ha, we're not going to see 60fps as standard next gen. It'll just be a handful of games again.
#3Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 4:32:17 PM
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
Ha, we're not going to see 60fps as standard next gen. It'll just be a handful of games again.

That's an interesting point of view. You belong to the group that doesn't expect much from next gen.
#4archizzyPosted 2/3/2013 4:33:04 PM
I think most people over estimate. Too many people assume native 1080p with 60fps which would surprise the hell out of me if even that became standard. Hell I'm just hoping for a rock steady 30fps without dips and I'm skeptical of that.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#5MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 2/3/2013 4:36:18 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle. I think the systems will be powerful, but it won't be used to make games run smoother, just to improve graphics.
#6kobalobasileusPosted 2/3/2013 4:42:29 PM
I think most people are drastically OVERestimating what the 8th Gen will bring.

Kinect 2
PS MoveBalls
GamePad

The graphics and framerates still won't be what they are on a high-end PC because the hardware is still too expensive. Look at the price of a high-end nVidia card, then tell me with a straight face that a console will be able to include that tech and NOT be PS3-launch-level overpriced.
#7DaLaggaPosted 2/3/2013 4:45:31 PM
Hucast9 posted...
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...

That's an interesting point of view. You belong to the group that doesn't expect much from next gen.

The framerate standard has nothing whatsoever to do with processing power. It has to do with the nature of consoles. When you're developing a game for fixed hardware, all other things being equal, a 30fps game will looks significantly better than a 60fps game. And because many (most?) console gamers are too ignorant to understand the advantages of 60fps, developers are going to continue to prioritize graphics over gameplay (and yes, 60fps does result in better gameplay).
#8PStrifePosted 2/3/2013 7:59:35 PM
Don't honestly care. The craptacular online passes, on-disc DLC, gimped content, and other annoyances introduced by this gen is killing the love of gaming.

How about they fix these important little things which have become an annoying long list of grivences, instead of only caring about the grafix. Who cares about the cliche graphics, fix the multiple issues in the annoying list of grievences first.

Killing console gaming seems to be all that is actually happening here. Graphics? Pheesh, more important things are at play involving the next-gen.
#9MerisYakiPosted 2/3/2013 8:01:27 PM
Considering that HD twins did nothing impressive, seems like fair game.