This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Similar games to half life 2 and bioshock?

#1MACH0Posted 2/3/2013 3:33:19 PM
I love Bioshock 1 and 2, and really loved Half Life 2. Anything on PS3 similar to these?
Ive already played Singularity, awesome game but too linear. Looking for more larger/open worlds.
Bonus points if its exclusive to PS3, but not essential.

I currently own on PS3:

Little Big Planet 2
Uncharted
Heavy Rain
3d Dot Game Heroes

Thanks.
#2Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/3/2013 5:49:24 PM
Deus Ex Human Revolution

I had never played the series and was completely obsessed with the game for a couple weeks. It's got some of the best area designs I've seen in a game, great artwork, great music, great characters, and excellent story. Gameplay is spot on too.

Mirror's Edge - not much gun action but the game is great and is very memorable like Halflife 2 and Bioshock.
#3FiendingHardPosted 2/3/2013 5:54:34 PM
Dishonored. It has a dystopian setting just like HL2 and stylish art just like Bioshock. Gameplay and the open-ended nature is like Deus Ex. Overall my GotY of 2012. Plus some of the people who made Halflife 2 and Deus Ex worked on it so you'll be right at home.

For the record: Bioshock is extremely overrated. Its a good game with good artstyle, nothing more. The gameplay is bland and monotonous.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#4ORANGE666Posted 2/3/2013 6:21:03 PM
Deux Ex Human Revolution
Dishonored

^Agree with the above posts

Also

Portal 2
Dead Space 1,2
Crysis 2
Fallout 3 then Fallout New Vegas

Deux Ex HR is heavily underrated on all boards, imo its up there as one of the best games this gen.
#5fallenswordsPosted 2/3/2013 6:23:24 PM
Deus Ex feels very HL2 to me.

that being said i Deus Ex was disappointing because in the end you're choices dont matter
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#6kzooanimalPosted 2/3/2013 7:05:31 PM
MACH0 posted...
I love Bioshock 1 and 2, and really loved Half Life 2. Anything on PS3 similar to these?
Ive already played Singularity, awesome game but too linear. Looking for more larger/open worlds.
Bonus points if its exclusive to PS3, but not essential.

I currently own on PS3:

Little Big Planet 2
Uncharted
Heavy Rain
3d Dot Game Heroes

Thanks.

It's not very open world but i enjoyed the resistance series (the third really reminded me of half life for some reason) singularity was fun, deus ex was excellent as was dishonored. I guess i'm not sure what you're specfically looking for? Open world gameplay? First person shooter? Futuristic setting? All of the above?
I'd give farcry 2 and 3 a chance, oblivion and skyrim and
#7Marnex15Posted 2/3/2013 7:18:26 PM
Singularity and Metro 2033

And no, Bioshock isn't overrated. But then again, people think everything is overrated. Just a buzzword people like to throw around every day.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#8qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 2/3/2013 7:20:40 PM
Crysis 2 is kind of similar to Half Life 2, but better.

Dishonored is like Bioshock and really fun.

The Darkness 2 is also similar to both of those.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#9OrangeSchweesePosted 2/3/2013 7:34:12 PM
FiendingHard posted...
For the record: Bioshock is extremely overrated. Its a good game with good artstyle, nothing more. The gameplay is bland and monotonous.

I don't feel it's overrated but yeah, the shooting mechanic is so mind-numbingly boring and repetitive. "oh, look, more ****ing splicers." *shoots them* *heals* *buys more medkits*

Splicers: Weeeeeee're baaaaaaaack

Rinse and repeat x1000
#1013_TanksPosted 2/3/2013 7:38:13 PM
Resistance 3
---
PSN: Mr_Nicolas_Cage