This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Similar games to half life 2 and bioshock?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Similar games to half life 2 and bioshock?

User Info: MACH0

MACH0
3 years ago#1
I love Bioshock 1 and 2, and really loved Half Life 2. Anything on PS3 similar to these?
Ive already played Singularity, awesome game but too linear. Looking for more larger/open worlds.
Bonus points if its exclusive to PS3, but not essential.

I currently own on PS3:

Little Big Planet 2
Uncharted
Heavy Rain
3d Dot Game Heroes

Thanks.

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
3 years ago#2
Deus Ex Human Revolution

I had never played the series and was completely obsessed with the game for a couple weeks. It's got some of the best area designs I've seen in a game, great artwork, great music, great characters, and excellent story. Gameplay is spot on too.

Mirror's Edge - not much gun action but the game is great and is very memorable like Halflife 2 and Bioshock.

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
3 years ago#3
Dishonored. It has a dystopian setting just like HL2 and stylish art just like Bioshock. Gameplay and the open-ended nature is like Deus Ex. Overall my GotY of 2012. Plus some of the people who made Halflife 2 and Deus Ex worked on it so you'll be right at home.

For the record: Bioshock is extremely overrated. Its a good game with good artstyle, nothing more. The gameplay is bland and monotonous.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
3 years ago#4
Deux Ex Human Revolution
Dishonored

^Agree with the above posts

Also

Portal 2
Dead Space 1,2
Crysis 2
Fallout 3 then Fallout New Vegas

Deux Ex HR is heavily underrated on all boards, imo its up there as one of the best games this gen.

User Info: fallenswords

fallenswords
3 years ago#5
Deus Ex feels very HL2 to me.

that being said i Deus Ex was disappointing because in the end you're choices dont matter
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/

User Info: kzooanimal

kzooanimal
3 years ago#6
MACH0 posted...
I love Bioshock 1 and 2, and really loved Half Life 2. Anything on PS3 similar to these?
Ive already played Singularity, awesome game but too linear. Looking for more larger/open worlds.
Bonus points if its exclusive to PS3, but not essential.

I currently own on PS3:

Little Big Planet 2
Uncharted
Heavy Rain
3d Dot Game Heroes

Thanks.

It's not very open world but i enjoyed the resistance series (the third really reminded me of half life for some reason) singularity was fun, deus ex was excellent as was dishonored. I guess i'm not sure what you're specfically looking for? Open world gameplay? First person shooter? Futuristic setting? All of the above?
I'd give farcry 2 and 3 a chance, oblivion and skyrim and

User Info: Marnex15

Marnex15
3 years ago#7
Singularity and Metro 2033

And no, Bioshock isn't overrated. But then again, people think everything is overrated. Just a buzzword people like to throw around every day.
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com

User Info: qlaxmicmizzel38

qlaxmicmizzel38
3 years ago#8
Crysis 2 is kind of similar to Half Life 2, but better.

Dishonored is like Bioshock and really fun.

The Darkness 2 is also similar to both of those.
"If you look good, you are good."

User Info: OrangeSchweese

OrangeSchweese
3 years ago#9
FiendingHard posted...
For the record: Bioshock is extremely overrated. Its a good game with good artstyle, nothing more. The gameplay is bland and monotonous.

I don't feel it's overrated but yeah, the shooting mechanic is so mind-numbingly boring and repetitive. "oh, look, more ****ing splicers." *shoots them* *heals* *buys more medkits*

Splicers: Weeeeeee're baaaaaaaack

Rinse and repeat x1000

User Info: 13_Tanks

13_Tanks
3 years ago#10
Resistance 3
PSN: Mr_Nicolas_Cage
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Similar games to half life 2 and bioshock?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived