This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nerfing FPS games ruined the genre.

#31gamestop27Posted 2/4/2013 9:17:33 AM
And making too many of them.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#32RahzarXPosted 2/4/2013 9:22:45 AM
lol all the cods are the same, you kids have an enormous imagination

NEW GUNS, OMGGG WAY BETTER GAME

relax, its the same game its always been

all cods are 9/10 fps shooters that do what they say they will do

guaranteed op got his ass handed to in every cod after mw 2 so its apparently "the best one"
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#33calhoun1389Posted 2/4/2013 9:24:03 AM
And making too many of them.

The same can be said about any genre. How many action games are released each year? Or how many RPGs where made for the PS2 alone? If you don't necessarily like a genre, or you have some compulsion to buy every game in a genre, of course it's going to feel like they make too many games if there is more than 1 a year.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#34Pato468Posted 2/5/2013 12:29:23 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
Spas 12 uses pellets
1887 uses slugs.

In Modern Warfare 2, all of the shotguns use buckshot. Stop making a fool of yourself and actually play the game before making claims. The KSG in Black Ops II is the first shotgun in CoD history to use slugs instead of buckshot. The 1887 fires 8 pellets for 35 damage a piece at 10m.

Slugs are WAYYYYYYYYYYY more effective than pellets.
As such should have very good range for a shotgun.

Except no shotgun in Modern Warfare 2 uses slugs. But hey, I can play the "gun nut" card and mention that not only should the 1887 be weaker due to using a weaker propellant, but it should be producing enough smoke to obscure your line of sight due to the design being too weak for smokeless shells.

Also the game is called Modern Warfare

And yet, the gun being argued is a shotgun that was discontinued in 1901 and never saw a day of military use.

Guns are not suppose to be this wimpy.

Too bad, Shotguns in CoD are supposed to be crap at range. It's all a matter of game balance being more important than realism. The majority of fire fights take place at 20-30m. As such, having shotguns that are lethal with one shot at the realistic 60+m would be too devastating and no other gun would be worth using on CoD's signature fast paced maps. If you want a realistic game, try Arma II. If you want an arcade game with more realistic gun ballistics than CoD, play Battlefield. (Which also had a few patches to fix weapons that were initially unbalanced.)

I don't really know nor do I care about guns that much, but when you say a shotgun is realistically deadly at 60+m, you mean that...well, a real shotgun would kill you at that distance, right? Then why would you want the CoD shotgun to be useless at 15m? It's only logical for it to be useful, otherwise why would you ever use it? It would be a gun with a shorter range, fewer shots per reload and lower firing speed resulting in higher risk. It would be disadvantageous to use at any lenght other than at pointblank, which isn't the case with actual shotgun.
#35calhoun1389Posted 2/5/2013 1:41:52 AM(edited)
I don't really know nor do I care about guns that much, but when you say a shotgun is realistically deadly at 60+m, you mean that...well, a real shotgun would kill you at that distance, right? Then why would you want the CoD shotgun to be useless at 15m? It's only logical for it to be useful, otherwise why would you ever use it? It would be a gun with a shorter range, fewer shots per reload and lower firing speed resulting in higher risk. It would be disadvantageous to use at any lenght other than at pointblank, which isn't the case with actual shotgun.

THat's just how it is with CoD. The majority of their maps are designed to pull combat in to 15-20m. Not that this makes much of a difference since Shotguns (despite reaching maximum damage drop off at 12m) are still very viable due to the fast paced and close quarters nature of the game. Making shotguns as good as they are irl would completely void every other gun class since very few maps actually have 60m+ sightlines on them. The AA-12 (a fully automatic shotgun) would dominate and break the game if they decided to use real life stats on their current maps.

Additionally, shotguns in MW2 were sidearms, which means they are meant to be inferior in all aspects to primary weapons. It's essentially like arguing that the M9 is unbalanced because it can't take on the M4 at 30m.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#36Pato468Posted 2/5/2013 4:13:54 PM
calhoun1389 posted...

THat's just how it is with CoD. The majority of their maps are designed to pull combat in to 15-20m. Not that this makes much of a difference since Shotguns (despite reaching maximum damage drop off at 12m) are still very viable due to the fast paced and close quarters nature of the game. Making shotguns as good as they are irl would completely void every other gun class since very few maps actually have 60m+ sightlines on them. The AA-12 (a fully automatic shotgun) would dominate and break the game if they decided to use real life stats on their current maps.

Additionally, shotguns in MW2 were sidearms, which means they are meant to be inferior in all aspects to primary weapons. It's essentially like arguing that the M9 is unbalanced because it can't take on the M4 at 30m.

The way I see it and based on what you're saying, then the shotguns are underpowered in regards to their real life counterparts. A shotgun is not a sidearm, and regarding it as such and putting it in the same level is indeed underpowering it.

Perhaps they should make the stages in such a way that each weapon's strenght and weakness play a part, instead of face to face short range encounters in which 4 out of 5 guns would be useless