This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help picking a PS3 game for BF - HUGE gamer - Valentines Day gift

#31bretnsidPosted 2/3/2013 9:08:29 PM
If he liked Heavy Rain, get him The Walking Dead game (it comes in a collection of 5 "episodes"). It's similar in that is has a heavy focus on story and the story happens to be great.

If he likes Uncharted 1, get him Uncharted 2 and/or 3 since they're a big step up from 1.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#32HIroChuPosted 2/3/2013 9:13:01 PM
Well since he likes zelda, he would probably love okami HD. (Its on ps store though).
It would help if you listed the game genres that he likes.
#33MACH0Posted 2/3/2013 9:14:39 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Little Big Planet 1 and 2
3D Dot Game Heroes

You didn't really give us much to go off of for preferences.

Could also get the big exclusives, such as the Uncharted series, God of War series, Infamous series, Call of Duty games, etc etc

Thats actually very impressive u named these games, as i already own these 2 games. (lbp2) U seem to know my taste. Thank you for your help.
Its also very impressive that someone mentioned u have a crystal ball. Its like they knew i had those games somehow lol.
Uncharted 2 is looking good.

"antoinejones", been gaming since 84.

Thanks.
#34GeorgiesBB(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:59:33 PM
BilI_Rizer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill, If you dont like the topic then by all means feel free to stop clicking on it.
#35murgyverPosted 2/3/2013 9:59:55 PM
Ni no kuni, its new, and its ps3 exclusive
---
PSN: murgyver
#36RyuuHou25Posted 2/3/2013 10:09:12 PM
Bill_Rizer posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Bill_Rizer posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Do you even know how to be a normal person anymore, or is every single topic just either trolling or a joke to you now no matter what?

You know who I am? That's odd.

And yeah, this board's a joke. This topic is a nice example.

Someone asking for genuine help is a joke? Are you aware of how bitter you are inside now?

1. You think this topic is genuine...wow.

2. Look up what bitter means.

I know exactly what bitter means, you're the exact definition of it. What exactly gives you the impression this topic isn't genuine?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#37antoinejonesPosted 2/3/2013 10:14:40 PM
GeorgiesBB posted...
LMAO true.

I prefer my man at home playing games anyday! I even made him a games room at our house :)
Girls that donít like their boys playing video games are crazy.

Think about it ladies;
He is home.
He is safe.
He is near you.

What more do you want?

Beats him roaming around the streets late at night.

if i knew a girl like you Id stop dating guys >.>
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#38antoinejonesPosted 2/3/2013 10:16:08 PM
MACH0 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Little Big Planet 1 and 2
3D Dot Game Heroes

You didn't really give us much to go off of for preferences.

Could also get the big exclusives, such as the Uncharted series, God of War series, Infamous series, Call of Duty games, etc etc

Thats actually very impressive u named these games, as i already own these 2 games. (lbp2) U seem to know my taste. Thank you for your help.
Its also very impressive that someone mentioned u have a crystal ball. Its like they knew i had those games somehow lol.
Uncharted 2 is looking good.

"antoinejones", been gaming since 84.

Thanks.

so have i. but yeah your lack of PS3 game has already been explained... you havent even had it 2 months yet, so now it makes perfect sense why you only have 4 games
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#39X_Brahms_XPosted 2/3/2013 10:20:05 PM
Killzone 3 is a PS3 exclusive, if he likes shooters.
Dead Space 3 comes out this Tuesday.
God of War 3 is pretty fun, and you can understand it without having to play 1 & 2.
Gran Turismo 5 is probably the best racing game this gen.
The Walking Dead is a great story game, especially if he watches the show.
Dark Souls/Dragons Dogma are great JRPG's.
He probably has Borderlands 2 on Xbox, but if he doesnt.
Little Big Planet 2 is Mario'esq.

These are all top tier games imho.
---
PSN: Ocelot_X_
#40RyuuHou25Posted 2/3/2013 10:24:19 PM
Ar Tonelico 3
Star Ocean Last Hope
Atelier series of games
Disgaea 3 and 4

Could try those for rpgs and what not, I haven't played atelier myself.

Hyperdimension Neptunia as well, although I personally couldn't get into it just due to the mass amounts of kiddy type stuff and severe lack of actual cutscenes. It's all just 2D drawings and what not with minimal facial expressions, then 3D dungeons and fighting. It would have been more fun for me personally if it had been more fleshed out.

Cross Edge and the Agarest War games you could try as well, but they're done in a way that you either love it, or you'd hate it entirely. Cross Edge especially is a fairly difficult game and requires a walkthrough to get true ending, as do the Agarest War games.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB