This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I begun supporting Best Buy for my PS3+Video Game purchases

#1Jx1010Posted 2/3/2013 7:33:37 PM(edited)
I have heard on the news how Best Buy is not doing too well compared to Amazon,
need a good, reliable store where I can pick up stuff, physically shop and try it out...
these stores (not online) are hurting because of online stores.

I do not support Gamestop for their terrible customer service, having to deal with rude employees + used items sold as new.

On the plus side
I have gotten great deals from Best Buy for PS3 games and the gamer customer bonuses

#2Thermador446Posted 2/3/2013 7:59:29 PM
They aren't hurting because of online retailers, they're hurting because of how much they charge for blu-rays compared to Amazon.

Best Buy is about the only place that sells CDs anymore, so sometimes I like to impulse buy some music.

Sometimes that have good deals on games. I try to check the deal of the day whenever i can, because there are some real gems occasionally(I got Killzone Trilogy HD with a Dualshock 3 for $40).

Any good coupons in BB GAMER magazine lately TC? You should probably get a subscription if you're going to buy games there. I should pay for itself if they still have good deals in it.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#3keybladeXIIIPosted 2/3/2013 8:10:19 PM
Ok....
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#4mogar002Posted 2/3/2013 8:11:19 PM
cool story
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:24:38 PM
Thermador446 posted...
They aren't hurting because of online retailers, they're hurting because of how much they charge for blu-rays compared to Amazon.

Best Buy is about the only place that sells CDs anymore, so sometimes I like to impulse buy some music.

Sometimes that have good deals on games. I try to check the deal of the day whenever i can, because there are some real gems occasionally(I got Killzone Trilogy HD with a Dualshock 3 for $40).

Any good coupons in BB GAMER magazine lately TC? You should probably get a subscription if you're going to buy games there. I should pay for itself if they still have good deals in it.

Yea they do have good specials
#6RyuuHou25Posted 2/3/2013 8:26:53 PM
I'd shop at Best Buy more often if their freaking rewards system didn't take over a month to post the points you get for purchases! I bought some items the middle of December for Xmas, took until the end of January to have the points actually go into my account. Horrible.

Other than that, I like shopping there, I wish they'd get better pre order bonuses and what not, but they're still pretty good. Wish Futureshop did the rewards thing to though, since their parent company is the same, and they're closer to where I live.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#7Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:04:31 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
I'd shop at Best Buy more often if their freaking rewards system didn't take over a month to post the points you get for purchases! I bought some items the middle of December for Xmas, took until the end of January to have the points actually go into my account. Horrible.

Other than that, I like shopping there, I wish they'd get better pre order bonuses and what not, but they're still pretty good. Wish Futureshop did the rewards thing to though, since their parent company is the same, and they're closer to where I live.

yea
#8RoxasANobodyPosted 2/7/2013 2:23:10 AM
Thermador446 posted...

Wait. I don't want to be internet tough guy and be like "LOL U SOOOO STOOOPID AND DUMBB HURR HURR", but I am curious as to whether or not you realize that you majorly contradicted yourself? They aren't hurting because of online retailers, but they are hurting because of how much they charge compared to an online retailer?
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#9Kane_DynastPosted 2/7/2013 2:30:01 AM
RoxasANobody posted...
Wait. I don't want to be internet tough guy and be like "LOL U SOOOO STOOOPID AND DUMBB HURR HURR", but I am curious as to whether or not you realize that you majorly contradicted yourself? They aren't hurting because of online retailers, but they are hurting because of how much they charge compared to an online retailer?

I think the point is that it is not Amazon's fault that Best Buy is charging higher prices.
Best Buy is sabotaging itself by selling its item at a ridiculous price.
#10Fiber182Posted 2/10/2013 1:45:42 AM
User Name Fiber182
User ID 6313363
Board User Level 34: Icon
Awarded to users with at least 1000 Karma.
Account Created Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:53 AM
Last Visit Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:43 AM

Seriously... Ive been here forever, and i LOVED SSX back in the day, havent had the pleasure of playing this one yet.