This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4: 240 Frames Per Second & Hyperrealistic games.

#21RemakeMePosted 2/3/2013 9:19:03 PM(edited)
Pacther makes guesses alot, but this dude also has INSIDE information so i'm not doubting him this time. He's also 100% certain they are revealing PS4 on Feb 20th so it sounds like he knows for an absolute fact. So he probably knows at the very least that it's being revealed.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#22kingofjamaicaPosted 2/3/2013 9:19:17 PM
faris_ruhi posted...
3D3 posted...
Mokohoshotsophia posted...
Final Fantasy VERSUS XIII uses the Luminous Engine? Since when?

I'm assuming Luminous Engine is Agni's Philosophy? Yeah BS Versus XIII is not using it, otherwise they would have remade the entire game.

They're apparently using a part of it (for lighting, not the whole engine). Famitsu said they saw Versus using the old engine (the one in the last video they released 2 years ago to the public) and Versus with the luminous engine lighting, said the game looked a lot better with the luminous engine lighting.

That's cool but I doubt it made any drastic changes. It's definitely not gonna look like Agni's Philosophy.

Lighting can make all the difference in the world.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#23faris_ruhiPosted 2/3/2013 9:21:10 PM(edited)
That's cool but I doubt it made any drastic changes. It's definitely not gonna look like Agni's Philosophy.

Engine changes (lighting especially) can have a lot of effect on the visuals since it is such an essential part of how the game looks. Of course, anyone who thinks it's going to make the game look like Agni's Philosophy is a dumbass, the only way that could potentially happen is if Versus was now being developed for the ps4, and ps4 has the specs that it's rumored/"confirmed" to have (by the people who are saying it may have 8gb DDR5 ram etc.)
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#24Rishah0078Posted 2/3/2013 9:22:45 PM
I love how the article states Michael Pachter's thoughts on what could be coming despite him having no reason to believe that it would make that jump, then at the end it says that the PS4 will likely target between 30-60 fps. The article, in summary, say:

"An idiot 'analyst' made a far-fetched claim about a system he has no involvement in or additional information about regarding a jump that is only technically possible that I personally think is way off base."
#25kingofjamaicaPosted 2/3/2013 9:22:48 PM

Engine changes (lighting especially) can have a lot of effect on the visuals since it is such an essential part of how the game looks. Of course, anyone who thinks it's going to make the game look like Agni's Philosophy is a dumbass, the only way that could potentially happen is if Versus was now being developed for the ps4, and ps4 has the specs that it's rumored/"confirmed" to have (by the people who are saying it may have 8gb DDR5 ram etc.)

Agni's Philosophy was running on one GTX680 I believe they said. That's only 3GB of GDDR5. Even with only 4GB of GDDR5 in the system, they could get really close to that tech demo on PS4.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#26FungumPosted 2/3/2013 9:30:39 PM
L0Z posted...
Plan on paying over $1000. Not even any processors that are out are that capable

wat l0l

Are you stuck in 2008?
#27theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 9:34:45 PM
3D3 posted...
faris_ruhi posted...
3D3 posted...
Mokohoshotsophia posted...
Final Fantasy VERSUS XIII uses the Luminous Engine? Since when?

I'm assuming Luminous Engine is Agni's Philosophy? Yeah BS Versus XIII is not using it, otherwise they would have remade the entire game.

They're apparently using a part of it (for lighting, not the whole engine). Famitsu said they saw Versus using the old engine (the one in the last video they released 2 years ago to the public) and Versus with the luminous engine lighting, said the game looked a lot better with the luminous engine lighting.

Lighting can make a huge difference.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#28faris_ruhiPosted 2/3/2013 9:35:44 PM
kingofjamaica posted...

Agni's Philosophy was running on one GTX680 I believe they said. That's only 3GB of GDDR5. Even with only 4GB of GDDR5 in the system, they could get really close to that tech demo on PS4.

Yeah, I had no idea what hardware it was running on. So the "lower" specs of PS4 that was stated by those guys may be able to pull it off. But regardless, a ps3 is incapable of pulling those graphics off and anyone who thinks otherwise is, like I said, a dumbass.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#29wisdom_cubePosted 2/3/2013 9:36:14 PM
Pachter is clueless when it comes to hardware. He's getting better at predicting software sales and online service, but as far as the actual hardware he still doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

First off, 240 fps would be irrelevant on all TV's, yes even the "240hz" tv's. The reason is they only support a 60hz input. The frames are just subdivided to give the illusion of a higher framerate. Currently there are only pc monitors that support true 120hz input, and can thus display 120fps.

Second, look at the benchmarks for the Asus Ares II. If a $1500 video card can't achieve 240fps on all games at 1080p, let alone 120fps... then do you honestly think a sub $500 console (that mostly likely has near final specs at this point) being released in less than a year will be able to achieve this?

TBH, rendering some games at 30fps at 4K is more probable then achieving 240fps at 1080p for the ps4... though neither will happen, so it doesn't matter anyway.
---
thurs a partay in mai armer adn ur invit3d!1
2500k || Sapphire 7950 OC || P67-GD65 || 1TB HDD
#30656stoogePosted 2/3/2013 9:38:18 PM
*Sigh*

This again? The PS3 can run every game at 60 plus FPS, they'd just look worse for it. In the end it will always be up to the devs whether they want a faster running game or a better looking one, because let me assure you, any game running at 240 FPS on a PS4 could look ten times better running at 30 FPS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8