This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni looks boring.

#1MMAKSXPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:50 PM
But AMAZING graphically! How is the game overall? Standard JRPG grindfest or is this truly great?
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/3/2013 8:09:20 PM
Haven't played it enough to say for sure, but it seems like a very unique jRPG grindfest.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3steker16Posted 2/3/2013 8:10:15 PM
the game is ok, has terrible AI though that can really make you rage during combat unless you grind for hours to make yourself over leveled all game long
---
nomnomnom
#4MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:10:52 PM
Dammit, why do jrpgs all have to have a bunch on grinding?? I love their worlds and want to explore them but grinding is SO F'ng monotonous! Cant believe people like grinding, I wonder it there is an easy mode?
#5OrangeSchweesePosted 2/3/2013 8:13:14 PM
Yeah, there's an easy mode but I haven't tried it yet, so the grinding might still be there.
#6shawnmckPosted 2/3/2013 8:20:01 PM
From what I've heard & read, it basically offers the best of all JRPG's in one package.
But if you aren't a fan of the genre (JRPG), then of course it is going to be tough to get into (if at all).

I personally don't like JRPG's, but I know some people that do, and this is the game they have been waiting a long time for...well, according to them anyway...as it does pretty much everything that they want from a JRPG.

And of course, if you are not a fan of the genre, then don't bother.
#7MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:22:45 PM
I never learn, I always sucker myself into buying jrpgs only to sell them after 5-6hrs, the grinding drives me insane!
#8OrangeSchweesePosted 2/3/2013 8:25:39 PM
I don't mind the grinding so much as the repetitive and obsolete transitions between each battle. If it weren't for those, the game would be immensely more enjoyable to me.
#9zyrax2301Posted 2/3/2013 8:26:55 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
I don't mind the grinding so much as the repetitive and obsolete transitions between each battle. If it weren't for those, the game would be immensely more enjoyable to me.

We did it! Neato!
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#10omm3sasukePosted 2/3/2013 8:32:50 PM
You either like it or you don't. What's so hard to comprehend?
Jrpgs like NNK are a time sink. Still trying to finish Darksiders and then start NNK.

Age and profession?