This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder if any more Deus Ex games are gonna be made.

#1DantechanPosted 2/3/2013 9:04:51 PM
I liked Human revolution. It was pretty fun, and it wasn't a generic fps game. The only thing i hated were the endings.
#2albanianx1Posted 2/3/2013 9:06:59 PM
Hated the ending as well lol. It's one of my favorite games this generation, 9.5/10 for me and would probably buy the next one day. The story is also pretty interesting since it ties in with what happens in real life to some degree imo.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#3warrenmatsPosted 2/3/2013 9:10:14 PM
Yea the endings kinda sucked. They were pretty..... anticlimactic. The final boss kinda sucked too.

The game is great though, 9/10
---
:D
#4Crimson SkysPosted 2/3/2013 9:10:41 PM
There was a 11 year gap between Deus Ex and Human Revolution so we probably aren't getting another one for a while...
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#5warrenmatsPosted 2/3/2013 9:13:22 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
There was a 11 year gap between Deus Ex and Human Revolution so we probably aren't getting another one for a while...

what about invisible war?
---
#6Crimson SkysPosted 2/3/2013 9:14:41 PM
warrenmats posted...
Crimson Skys posted...

That game didn't happen. -.-
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#7kingofjamaicaPosted 2/3/2013 9:20:33 PM
Crimson Skys posted...

People have this irrational hatred for the game. Not sure what their problem is, the game is fantastic. Sure, it's not as good as the original Deus Ex, but how many games ARE as good as the first Deus Ex?
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#8Thermador446Posted 2/3/2013 9:30:04 PM
warrenmats posted...
Yea the endings kinda sucked. They were pretty..... anticlimactic. The final boss kinda sucked too.

The whole last level kinda sucked Still, 9/10

"PRESS A BUTTON FOR DIFFERENT ENDING"s are so lame that it makes you wonder why anyone smart enough to program a video game could be so incredibly stupid.

At least the Original Deus EX made you complete objectives for the ending of your choice, I can live with that.

The original Deus EX is one of the greatest games ever made, and will need to be remade at some point. A remake of the original was actually scrapped for HR.

I'm seeing a direct sequel to HR on PS3, leading up to a remake of the original Deus EX early on next gen.
If I'm wrong, that means they'll do 2 direct sequels to HR before remaking the original.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#9warrenmatsPosted 2/3/2013 9:34:38 PM
Thermador446 posted...
warrenmats posted...

The whole last level kinda sucked Still, 9/10

"PRESS A BUTTON FOR DIFFERENT ENDING"s are so lame that it makes you wonder why anyone smart enough to program a video game could be so incredibly stupid.

At least the Original Deus EX made you complete objectives for the ending of your choice, I can live with that.

The original Deus EX is one of the greatest games ever made, and will need to be remade at some point. A remake of the original was actually scrapped for HR.

I'm seeing a direct sequel to HR on PS3, leading up to a remake of the original Deus EX early on next gen.
If I'm wrong, that means they'll do 2 direct sequels to HR before remaking the original.

I actually agree, the last level kinda sucked. It kinda felt....rushed. And the final boss is boring and frustrating if you didn't get the damn code from the dude.

I didn't like the endings because they used real-life clips...it's like they got lazy. And they never really explained what happened to Jensen.
---
#10AsucaHayashiPosted 2/3/2013 9:46:02 PM
at this point i think it's much better to just leave them alone.

DE is one of the best games of all time and DE:HR while great but with some major flaws(lolbossbattles and lolendings) doesn't really come close to it and i would absolutely hate to see a possible sequel turn out like dead space 3 or whatever where it's just about streamlining the game as much as possible(HR was already streamlined from the original) and appealing to as many people as possible.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?