This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they play the God of War Ascension trailer during the Superbowl?

#11pixel378Posted 2/3/2013 9:43:35 PM
That commercial was incredible. Very well done, the song fit well too. It actually made me feel like Kratos is a person rather than a blood thristy bastard jackass.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#12SideStrafePosted 2/3/2013 11:14:22 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
What is with all these topics asking this? Is this some major life altering thing to know when or if they played the stupid trailer during the actual superbowl?

The Super Bowl is the second overall most watched event in the world, only behind the major soccer events.

Super Bowl XLV is the single most watched televised event in history.

When a company puts the money up to get an ad into the Super Bowl, it is a very expensive and very big deal. No other ads in the world cost more than Super Bowl ads. If Sony got Ascension in there it speaks volumes. They are putting a lot of money behind the game and want it to succeed badly.

Then again you're a weeaboo so no surprise you don't understand how big the Super Bowl commercials are.
---
"I don't know what to do when she cries. The best I can do is punch anyone who makes her cry."
http://i.imgur.com/s9NsStS.jpg
#13RyuuHou25Posted 2/3/2013 11:17:57 PM
SideStrafe posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
What is with all these topics asking this? Is this some major life altering thing to know when or if they played the stupid trailer during the actual superbowl?

The Super Bowl is the second overall most watched event in the world, only behind the major soccer events.

Super Bowl XLV is the single most watched televised event in history.

When a company puts the money up to get an ad into the Super Bowl, it is a very expensive and very big deal. No other ads in the world cost more than Super Bowl ads. If Sony got Ascension in there it speaks volumes. They are putting a lot of money behind the game and want it to succeed badly.

Then again you're a weeaboo so no surprise you don't understand how big the Super Bowl commercials are.

Yeah, I'm well aware of all that. Big freaking deal. Other games have been promoted during the Super Bowl before as well. Why does this warrant multiple topics asking if it was played/when it was played?

You know what usually happens? "OMG, super bowl commercial, game will be awesome"

Game comes out - "Stupid game, sucks because of this, this and this"

Repeat year after year.

I'm a weeaboo now? Seriously? *facepalm*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#14Space_MonkyPosted 2/3/2013 11:27:25 PM
somehow i missed it also....

wicked trailer though. much better than i expected.
---
The fiction will see the real.
#15Vergil92Posted 2/3/2013 11:28:15 PM
TheMcKnightMare posted...
That song totally destroyed any impact that trailer could have had.. Surprisingly well done for live action... But that song.............

I thought the song fit pretty well, but then again I'm a fan of that particular artist anyways.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#16Gen2000Posted 2/3/2013 11:46:37 PM
The song was pretty bad at the beginning bit kind of came together better in the end. I generally dislike live-action video game commercials but this was...alright. I still can't take a live-action Kratos seriously.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#17XplodnPnguins92Posted 2/4/2013 12:31:20 AM
commercial only played on stream.
---
http://www.sdtekken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TTT2.png
#18PoorCountryPosted 2/4/2013 12:49:54 AM
I don't like how people do Kratos' bodypaint in live-action. The colors stick out too much -- there are nof aded areas, it doesn't look worn or rubbed-off anywhere. It's like they think it's his actual skin.

If it is his actual skin, it should just be bodypaint. That makes it feel more like some old, ritualistic battle preparation.
#193D3Posted 2/4/2013 2:56:35 AM
PoorCountry posted...
I don't like how people do Kratos' bodypaint in live-action. The colors stick out too much -- there are nof aded areas, it doesn't look worn or rubbed-off anywhere. It's like they think it's his actual skin.

If it is his actual skin, it should just be bodypaint. That makes it feel more like some old, ritualistic battle preparation.

It's suppose to be embedded with his skin, it's not suppose to be faded.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?