This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After 1 generation with triggers...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. After 1 generation with triggers...

User Info: Aerosoldier

Aerosoldier
3 years ago#1
Do you think L2 and R2 should be still be triggers or back to buttons? i think they should revert to buttons coz triggers are useless for most games....
Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
3 years ago#2
I like them better than buttons now myself, more responsive and what not IMO. Plus it's more comfortable for driving games and the like.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

User Info: loseswithluigi

loseswithluigi
3 years ago#3
i prefer buttons. triggers are no good on fighters when i'm not on my fightstick.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#4
Triggers could work if designed by someone even remotely competent. These crappy reverse triggers with too large a deadzone and too tense springs, are rubbish though. Even with trigger extensions they're still not ideal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8

User Info: Lefty128k

Lefty128k
3 years ago#5
The current design is great. I can have my index fingers on L1R1 and my middle fingers on L2R2. Can't do that with triggers. Games are a lot easier not having to transition between the two sets.

User Info: awesomesauce13

awesomesauce13
3 years ago#6
I'm have no problem with the controller as it is but I would rather they either went for proper triggers or just went back to buttons, instead of somewhere in between like we have at the moment

User Info: Kaijuu

Kaijuu
3 years ago#7
Back to buttons. The triggers are inferior.
The above is not in all caps.

User Info: X_Brahms_X

X_Brahms_X
3 years ago#8
Lefty128k posted...
The current design is great. I can have my index fingers on L1R1 and my middle fingers on L2R2. Can't do that with triggers. Games are a lot easier not having to transition between the two sets.

This This This
PSN: Ocelot_X_

User Info: XMonkeySniperX

XMonkeySniperX
3 years ago#9
I have no particular preference. I like the DS2's L2 and R2 buttons as much as the 360's triggers. The DS3's squishy triggers I absolutely hate though. If they're going to do triggers again next generation, I hope they don't half-ass it again.
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
3 years ago#10
Kaijuu posted...
Back to buttons. The triggers are inferior.

Agreed
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. After 1 generation with triggers...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived