This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The beginning of the end for Gamestop?

#11Crimson SkysPosted 2/3/2013 11:01:30 PM
matt091282 posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Old news. I found this out a month ago when the Gamestop near me told me they were closing down. They just shut down for good a few days ago.

Oh wow. I'll have to keep an eye on the one near me. Maybe I'll go in soon and ask them if they are staying open.

I believe they were mostly closing down on Janurary 31st so if yours hasn't closed down yet they might not have gotten caught up in it.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#12agrissaPosted 2/3/2013 11:01:50 PM
Why are ppl still buying from Gamestop when every other place have superior prices and customer service?!?!?!
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#13matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:04:24 PM
I have heard a lot of horror stories of people on here and other sites about their experiences at Gamestop. I can't relate because I've never had a bad experience in there, and a I know a couple of the workers there pretty well. They've been nice enough to reccomend games to me and whatnot. They have never been rude or anything. I guess I'm lucky. lol
#14Chass1990Posted 2/3/2013 11:04:26 PM
I buy used games from gamestop because there's a 7 day full refund warranty if I don't like the game or 30 day warranty for defective exchanges.
---
I shut my eyes in order to see
#15KingJames304Posted 2/3/2013 11:05:19 PM
Serves them right for throwing away the cases and manuals of most of their PS2 and DS games.
And they never should have stopped selling used games from the older generations, forcing us to go online to buy them.
---
PSN: ModelJames13
I hate locked saves!
#16ninja_poopPosted 2/3/2013 11:09:14 PM
I kinda of hope gamestop falls. Their customer service is normally pretty bad and their trade in values are terrible. I'll feel somewhat bad for the people who actually were nice to the customers doing their job, but I don't like the general feel of gamestop gives me.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado becomes the first state
#17necro00Posted 2/6/2013 11:55:03 AM
cant wait to hit up a liquidation sale and offer those scumbags 9 dollars
#18SigmaHacielPosted 2/6/2013 11:57:07 AM
Amazon is so much better for Used, which is Gamestop's only calling card.

Unlike Gamestop, I've not once had a used game from Amazon that looked anything less than practically immaculate.

Conversely, I've had 5 used games from Gamestop that are utter drink coasters, because the disc is so ravaged it shouldn't even be alive.
#19NicodimusPosted 2/6/2013 12:51:54 PM(edited)
That's less of an article and more of a blog.

No credible article would say "Yeah I have never seen a good Gamestop employee one time" like she does at the end.

The truth is that Gamestop is closing around 200 stores, not 500. The 200 stores that are closing are almost all redundant stores from when Gamestop took over EB games in 2006, and there are now 2-3 Gamestop stores in close proximity for no reason.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#20zinformantPosted 2/6/2013 1:10:21 PM
agrissa posted...
Why are ppl still buying from Gamestop when every other place have superior prices and customer service?!?!?!

You have obviously never attempted to interact with a Walmart employee. I suppose that's no surprise considering the ones at Walmarts I've been to tend to be elusive because they drift out of their department of the store...
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/