This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom says: Resident Evil REBOOT (Goodbye Resident Evil)

#31BeastLeeAdamsPosted 2/4/2013 6:47:41 AM
Garfield64 posted...
Leaked Resident Evil Reboot images.

http://www.game-over.com/gamenews/wp-content/gallery/enemy-front-1/ef_scr07.jpg
http://www.nofrag.com/images/0063b3.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT12Ul-Xhpilb89gldAMr4qFOGnpt6bCFZv-l_GHxNwePMWFVT8

It takes place during World War 2. They will be fighting violent Nazis who have taken super steroids to make them more violent and kill happy.

They promise at least 16 vs 16 teams online, Voice chat, and genuine World War 2 weapons!

It'll be just as good as the Devil May Cry Reboot was! ^_^

That would actually be pretty fun.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Patcher should be fired.
#32DarkSymbiotePosted 2/4/2013 7:35:19 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
LOL.
METAL GEAR RISING: Revengeance is in fact a Hideo Kojima production by Kojima Productions, with Hideo Kojima himself serving as Producer and Kojima Productions doing the whole setting and Plot too.
And it's a game under KONAMI Logo.

Platinum games are just the people coding the game.

Oh & btw, I'm going to play stealthily! Gray Fox style stealth! :D

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day.

He's not exactly wrong though, sure it's being developed by Platinum Games, but it's still a Konami title with Kojima Productions being the designer and Kojima himself being the executive producer.

Hideo Kojima is the executive producer, in charge of finances mostly.

Written by a KojiPro man but not Kojima. Platinum is doing everything else except changing the basic cutting concept.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#33doraemonllh1989Posted 2/4/2013 7:39:29 AM
Jx1010 posted...
You guys did read the article right?
They want an open world shooting game....
with resident evil slapped on

sounds good to me

re4 + open world

fantastic

walking in a dead city with just a torchlight and a handgun,awesome
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#34brycemorrPosted 2/4/2013 7:46:01 AM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Jx1010 posted...
jsplisim posted...
Not a bad idea; they have gone too far off path to reign it in.

You say it as if DmC reboot
was a good idea...

It was. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a reboot. It even took me a few years to buy DMC4....

Devil may cry stopped being good after the first one. You just went through torture to play the rest.

Resident evil 5 and 6 shouldn't even be called resident evil games as there is no horror just action packed with guns.

Same can be said with the new MGR game. It's not a stealth espionage game, it's not a Konami game, it's not a game produced by Hideo Kojima and his Kojima productions.

It's a game passed on to another developer with licenses to use the characters and story.

Biggest problem I see in gaming now is the blind sheep who can't even tell when things went downhill.

Wow looks like you are a blind one. MGR isnt about stealth never was. Kojima did produce Rising but Platnum Games did all ground work. Every about MGR is Kojima approved. If Kojima didnt approve MGR wouldnt see the light of day.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#35brycemorrPosted 2/4/2013 7:52:14 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
LOL.
METAL GEAR RISING: Revengeance is in fact a Hideo Kojima production by Kojima Productions, with Hideo Kojima himself serving as Producer and Kojima Productions doing the whole setting and Plot too.

He's not exactly wrong though, sure it's being developed by Platinum Games, but it's still a Konami title with Kojima Productions being the designer and Kojima himself being the executive producer.

Written by a KojiPro man but not Kojima. Platinum is doing everything else except changing the basic cutting concept.

The Exectuive Producers role is to control the flow of the story. Not the money.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#36toad133Posted 2/4/2013 7:58:24 AM
They also said 6 was meant to be a reboot.

Make of this what you will.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#37CBASH13Posted 2/4/2013 8:16:38 AM
The series has gone to the point of no return, a REboot would probably save this franchise. Where can we go after RE6? Enemies with guns do not belong in RE. There's nothing left for this series than to turn back time and go back to what made the series great in the first place: Raccoon City, Umbrella, Wesker, survival horror, B.O.W.s that don't carry weapons, puzzles, etc.
---
It is what it is
#38DarkSymbiotePosted 2/4/2013 8:17:19 AM
brycemorr posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
LOL.

The Exectuive Producers role is to control the flow of the story. Not the money.

Etsu Tamari is doing the story. Also, apparently the Japanese version won't have human enemies.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#39rswsc0407Posted 2/4/2013 8:23:44 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
Jx1010 posted...
You guys did read the article right?
They want an open world shooting game....
with resident evil slapped on

sounds good to me

re4 + open world

fantastic

walking in a dead city with just a torchlight and a handgun,awesome

That sounds like Last of Us to me.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#40IChangedMyNamePosted 2/4/2013 8:24:28 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
They can't call it Biohazard in the US due to some copywrite thing with some band, so it goes by both names.

That was ths original reason. That is no longer the case and hasnt been since RE 3. The only reason it stayed was because it was already established as Resident Evil here.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)