This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom says: Resident Evil REBOOT (Goodbye Resident Evil)

#81Stanger5150Posted 2/5/2013 11:01:09 PM
I must be the only gamer who has enjoyed all of the main Resident Evil games, and I've been playing them since the beginning. RE6 is actually in my top 5.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#82jubjub360Posted 2/5/2013 11:04:49 PM
cheater87 posted...
Wasn't the Gamecube REmake a reboot?

You literally just posted what it was. A REmake.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#83ExodiverPosted 2/5/2013 11:09:09 PM
How could a survival horor series be open world?
it would be more action heavy than what already is....besides, if the background, character, and the spirit of the game will differ, why don't they just call it something else, instead of riding on RE name
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#84wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/7/2013 1:43:37 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Crimson Skys posted...
Jx1010 posted...
jsplisim posted...
Not a bad idea; they have gone too far off path to reign it in.

You say it as if DmC reboot
was a good idea...

It was.

How? DmC is the 2nd worst game in the series.

If you're a fan of the original series and you're irritated capcom let a ridiculous narcissist take a crap all over it.

this is more accurate
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#85SayoriaPosted 2/7/2013 1:47:51 PM
ANOTHER RE reboot? Really? :/
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#86theshovellerPosted 2/7/2013 2:26:23 PM
Ok, so who here wants to bet that so-called fans of the game, who think RE4 was the best of the series, will complain about the reboot being a reboot? Anyone? Anyone at all?

I'm going to guess they're going to complain about the shooter-like controls (because if a game has guns, clearly it's Call of Duty,) the atmosphere "not being scary because zombies aren't scary," the fact that characters don't act like or have the same background as the characters they're supposed to be (hence missing the whole reboot part of "reboot,") and someone will complain about the mansion not being Mansion-ey enough.
#87Raven_CyarmPosted 2/8/2013 5:51:37 AM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
If you're a fan of the original series and you're irritated capcom let a ridiculous narcissist take a crap all over it.

this is more accurate

No, I pretty much nailed it the first time round.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#88Sevi_neyPosted 2/8/2013 6:00:48 AM
Are you daft?

Resident Evil can't get no worse. Reboot it, RE5 and 6 killed it and it was already dead. It's like it's a zombie series. Seriously, why the hell would anyone care about RE getting a reboot at this time in history?
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#89majin nemesisPosted 2/8/2013 6:27:16 AM
it the reboot resident evil i hopet they make something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfA7ffFiMzY

Siara_Sedai posted...
MGR is a joke and an insult to the MG franchise. Yet there's a bunch of sheep who were defending it before they even played it.

how is MGR a joke or an insult? is it just because is different? also you're a MG sheep yourself
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#90jammitinPosted 2/8/2013 7:25:29 AM
A reboot is needed at this point for the series. No past characters. Just zombies, other monsters, and survival horror again. What was once old will be new again.
---
Waiting for Bioshock Infinite