This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LOL at all the poor people on todays poll. #YOLO

#31RyuuHou25Posted 2/4/2013 12:10:14 AM
Flare1721 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Flare1721 posted...
Its like people calling the Vita over priced. There pathetic.

It is over priced. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you should just buy anything at any price without thinking about it.

Also, *they're

First off. It is not over priced. The 3DS was originally at 250 and the Vita was a match for being the more advanced system in specs.

Second. I dont know why you feel the need to correct my grammar on the internet. This isnt english class. You should have a pretty good idea of what im saying without me having to fix every little detail.

They're both over priced. The 3DS was, clearly, since it had such a fast price drop, and Sony has hinted at price drops coming for the Vita as well. Like I said, just because you CAN afford something, doesn't mean it isn't over priced.

Second, I don't know why you feel the need to project yourself as someone who is incapable of using proper spelling. I really don't enjoy having my IQ drop temporarily so I can figure out what people like yourself are attempting to say.

Communicate properly, or get off the internet.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#32faris_ruhiPosted 2/4/2013 12:14:34 AM
I'm not getting either console in their first years because:

1. PS3/360 launches showed how bad launch hardware can be.
2. No idea what the game library is going to be like for either console and how many games would be available at launch (or in the first year)

Has nothing to do with money.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#33kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 12:15:52 AM
656stooge posted...
But the Vita is essentially worthless without games. That's been Sony's biggest mistake lately. What's the point in paying for all these features if only a few launch games will ever use them and they don't get any quality software for years.

If the Vita was cheaper more people would have bought it. If more people bought it more devs would be making games for it.
The iPad is a different case altogether. It's DD only for starters, and has the backing of hundreds of indie devs right from the start.

Vita has no games you say? Hmm I guess the 23 games I have for vita don't exist. Now maybe you meant there are no games that interest you. If that's the case that is fine but don't say there isn't any games.

Well I said Ipod touch because it's what comes to mind when talking about the price of portability. I would like to use smart phones as my example but people get hung up on the phone part. As for IPad it doesn't exactly slip in your pocket.

DD only seems to be a bad thing for handheld gaming as the psp go showed so you can't compare that to ipad who success is based on DD. I personally love that every game is available for DD on the vita same day as release but apparently I am in the minority on that front.

Also people aren't buying the IPad or touch for games. The games are an after thought for people who drop the money on an Ipad. No one goes to the store and says "hmm I want a hand held game system. I can't decide between vita and Ipad. At the end of the day they are totally different markets. I was just using the Itouch as an example of the cost of raw materials for portables is as expensive as a console counter part.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#34656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 12:19:59 AM
kingofall214 posted...
656stooge posted...
But the Vita is essentially worthless without games. That's been Sony's biggest mistake lately. What's the point in paying for all these features if only a few launch games will ever use them and they don't get any quality software for years.

If the Vita was cheaper more people would have bought it. If more people bought it more devs would be making games for it.
The iPad is a different case altogether. It's DD only for starters, and has the backing of hundreds of indie devs right from the start.

Vita has no games you say? Hmm I guess the 23 games I have for vita don't exist. Now maybe you meant there are no games that interest you. If that's the case that is fine but don't say there isn't any games.

If you're going to be all defensive like that and not bother to exercise any common sense then we'll just leave it at that then.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#35doraemonllh1989Posted 2/4/2013 12:21:14 AM
Im more worried about console build quality :|,most of them just awful and you need to buy another after a year or two
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#36kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 12:24:48 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Flare1721 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Flare1721 posted...
Its like people calling the Vita over priced. There pathetic.

It is over priced. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you should just buy anything at any price without thinking about it.

Also, *they're

First off. It is not over priced. The 3DS was originally at 250 and the Vita was a match for being the more advanced system in specs.

Second. I dont know why you feel the need to correct my grammar on the internet. This isnt english class. You should have a pretty good idea of what im saying without me having to fix every little detail.

They're both over priced. The 3DS was, clearly, since it had such a fast price drop, and Sony has hinted at price drops coming for the Vita as well. Like I said, just because you CAN afford something, doesn't mean it isn't over priced.

Second, I don't know why you feel the need to project yourself as someone who is incapable of using proper spelling. I really don't enjoy having my IQ drop temporarily so I can figure out what people like yourself are attempting to say.

Communicate properly, or get off the internet.

I can't entirely speak on the 3DS as I don't know much about it. I do know they sold it at a loss for a while after the drop. As for the vita Sony wants to make a profit. It costs about $160 to make according to IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/20/report-playstation-vita-components-cost-160

Now 160/250= .64 or 64% profit. Now there will be a price drop this year as that article was written January of last year and prices for the parts have surely dropped. So in a way you are right but it's only not worth the costs as of recently. It was definitely worth the price when it first came out and for a while afterwards as well. Sony is entitled to make a certain % profit off of there products.
---
#37kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 12:26:34 AM
656stooge posted...
kingofall214 posted...
656stooge posted...

If you're going to be all defensive like that and not bother to exercise any common sense then we'll just leave it at that then.

You should apply to work as an editor at NBC. Way to cut out what I said and take it out of context.
---
#38RyuuHou25Posted 2/4/2013 12:30:19 AM
kingofall -

Yeah, Sony needs to make profits. I personally am going to buy a Vita myself when my damn money finally shows up this month, and I'm probably going to get the white Vita bundle for 250.

Doesn't change the fact that I think it's over priced *laughs* I'm also going to, grudgingly, get the biggest memory card as well, probably for full price unless I happen to chance upon one on Kijiji. Or I might just get one through Amazon if it would end up being a bit cheaper (live in Canada)

If it wasn't required right now to use custom tools in order to play all the PSN based PS1/2 games on there, I'd probably be talking differently. But that's just utter nonsense that hackers and what not get something done that Sony themselves is quite capable of doing and has done to some degree.

They're just blatantly lazy and sitting on their butts, like how they refuse to give monthly updates with PS Plus, telling us at the beginning of each month what we'll get, as EU does. And whenever someone brings it up and they actually bother to comment back on the blogs, their response is "We've heard the feedback, it takes time to implement it, blah blah blah"

How much time can it possibly take to release information all at once as opposed to weekly? Sorry, I know I went off on a tangent here.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#39656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 12:34:53 AM
kingofall214 posted...

You should apply to work as an editor at NBC. Way to cut out what I said and take it out of context.

That's as far as I bothered reading. You put words in my mouth and didn't bother trying to understand where I was coming from so I just gave up.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#40kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 12:36:57 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
kingofall -

Yeah, Sony needs to make profits. I personally am going to buy a Vita myself when my damn money finally shows up this month, and I'm probably going to get the white Vita bundle for 250.

Doesn't change the fact that I think it's over priced *laughs* I'm also going to, grudgingly, get the biggest memory card as well, probably for full price unless I happen to chance upon one on Kijiji. Or I might just get one through Amazon if it would end up being a bit cheaper (live in Canada)

If it wasn't required right now to use custom tools in order to play all the PSN based PS1/2 games on there, I'd probably be talking differently. But that's just utter nonsense that hackers and what not get something done that Sony themselves is quite capable of doing and has done to some degree.

They're just blatantly lazy and sitting on their butts, like how they refuse to give monthly updates with PS Plus, telling us at the beginning of each month what we'll get, as EU does. And whenever someone brings it up and they actually bother to comment back on the blogs, their response is "We've heard the feedback, it takes time to implement it, blah blah blah"

How much time can it possibly take to release information all at once as opposed to weekly? Sorry, I know I went off on a tangent here.

First off let me ask you this. Do you know if new egg ships to canada? If so they have the 32gb vita card for 80 and if you enter in the promo code NEWCUSTOMER you get an additional 10 off.

Almost all PS1 games are available now for vita. Has been since June I think. I haven't heard anything about being able to play PS2 games for vita even hacked. They just hacked the psp emulator for it So you can play unlicensed psp games and homebrew.

Crap EU umm? I'm not sure but I think EU got some better games than US like mortal combat and what not. I am not too knowledgeable about EU. All I know for other countries is Japan is getting everything lol.
---