This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LOL at all the poor people on todays poll. #YOLO

#51IHeartMetroidPosted 2/4/2013 1:10:36 AM
I can afford any console I feel like, got no qualms about that.

What's makin' me hesitant about the "next gen", PS4 and whatnot, are the persistent rumors about some stupid anti used game crap being implemented. I don't pirate, but I'll be damned if some corporation is going to dictate to me what games I can or can't play on a piece of hardware that I buy.

In short- any console with an anti-used game function = a console I won't ever, ever buy.
#52kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 1:12:23 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
I can afford any console I feel like, got no qualms about that.

What's makin' me hesitant about the "next gen", PS4 and whatnot, are the persistent rumors about some stupid anti used game crap being implemented. I don't pirate, but I'll be damned if some corporation is going to dictate to me what games I can or can't play on a piece of hardware that I buy.

In short- any console with an anti-used game function = a console I won't ever, ever buy.

Even if the games are steam cheap?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#53BluntGruntPosted 2/4/2013 1:12:28 AM
It's not that I can't afford it, I just don't want it. Don't want to play only one good game for over a year and then let my consoles collect dust for another year or two. I rather wait this time.
---
For great justice!
#54IHeartMetroidPosted 2/4/2013 1:28:16 AM
"Even if the games are steam cheap?"

Even if the games are a penny.

It's the principle of the thing.
#55Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/4/2013 1:32:59 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
TC is clearly under the age of 18 and has absolutely no concept of money.

Actually no.

Save 5$ a day for 100 days.

Not hard. Theres been around 2100+ days since last gen started.

Learn to Save money...

Inb4 you smoke and drink

That's bascially what I do to save cash. But really tc your sounding like a jack off maybe ppl just dont want it. Games are catering towards casuals noadays more anyway they are the ones who spend more than I gamers which is why gaming is becoming more causual now.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#56kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 1:37:38 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Even if the games are steam cheap?"

Even if the games are a penny.

It's the principle of the thing.

You do realize all systems dictate what games you can and can not play already right? You can't play any game for ps3 unless it is officially licensed by Sony without hacking the ps3.
---
#57IHeartMetroidPosted 2/4/2013 1:39:08 AM
"You do realize all systems dictate what games you can and can not play already right?"

Don't give me that semantic lawyer nonsense. I'm not in the mood for it tonight, really.
#58kingofall214Posted 2/4/2013 1:44:02 AM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
"You do realize all systems dictate what games you can and can not play already right?"

Don't give me that semantic lawyer nonsense. I'm not in the mood for it tonight, really.

Hey I am just saying it's pretty silly to stand by your "principle" when it's already being violated. Out of curiosity would you be ok with it if ps4 was all digital because then you wouldn't have anything to sell?
---
#59thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/4/2013 1:45:48 AM
So I said to him,"I don't care if my car runs on diesel, no one is telling me what I can and can't put in my tank", and so I filled her up with unleaded.
#60IHeartMetroidPosted 2/4/2013 1:46:07 AM
"Hey I am just saying it's pretty silly to stand by your "principle" when it's already being violated"

No, it's not, and that's a stupid argument to make.

I buy games the way I've been buying them since 1977. I go to the store. I buy a game. I put it in my system. I enjoy it, and if I hate it I sell it off. Or, if a game is released that's ridiculously stupid priced, I'll buy a used copy. And I can do that because it's my damned system, and if you don't like it then screw you. I couldn't give a rat's tail about what businesses shenanigan with each other. What I do know is that if I buy a game, a legitimate, legal game, then I've got the damned right to jam it a console and play, "licenses" be damned. And if some idiot company tries to take that away, then they won't ever get any of my cash.

And I know I'm not the only one.