This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What did they do to Dead Space?

#11Zax77Posted 2/4/2013 1:33:33 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Coop=optional, also there's no AI partner when soloing the game.

Micro transactions=optional, you can find everything available through them in the game, micro transactions are only used to get the stuff early if one doesn't have the time to spend hours grinding for rare weapon parts.

Day 1 DLC=DS1 and 2 had it too and DS1 had DLC a week before the game itself was even released, oh it's also optional.

Human enemies? They get killed by necromorphs within thirty seconds of encountering them.

Actually making your weapons? It's just a step up of upgrading them, also Isaac is supposed to be an engineer, so it makes sense that he would be making his own weapons like how he made a plasma cutter out of a flashlight and surgical laser in DS2.

More actiony and less survival horror? Well that's not an issue because Dead Space was always action first and horror second, it was never a horror franchise.

They didn't do anything to it, it's still the same Dead Space it's been since the first game.

Thank you for saying it but I'm sure the uninformed and trolls are in full swing
---
Got bored and built my game collection, check it out bra's because I have nothing clever for a Sig
#12AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/4/2013 1:38:49 AM
crazyman32 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Micro transactions=optional, you can find everything available through them in the game, micro transactions are only used to get the stuff early if one doesn't have the time to spend hours grinding for rare weapon parts.

Day 1 DLC=DS1 and 2 had it too and DS1 had DLC a week before the game itself was even released, oh it's also optional.

Human enemies? They get killed by necromorphs within thirty seconds of encountering them.

Actually making your weapons? It's just a step up of upgrading them, also Isaac is supposed to be an engineer, so it makes sense that he would be making his own weapons like how he made a plasma cutter out of a flashlight and surgical laser in DS2.

More actiony and less survival horror? Well that's not an issue because Dead Space was always action first and horror second, it was never a horror franchise.

They didn't do anything to it, it's still the same Dead Space it's been since the first game.

good post +1

Why do new fans of any series like to shove thier opinion down people's throats? I'm not saying you're a "new fan" but you're acting like one, you know, trying to justify your love for the new "hated" game by finding people that agree with you, and always telling people that actually have concerns about thier favourite series getting destroyed to stop complaining. :/
#13crazyman32Posted 2/4/2013 1:45:00 AM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
crazyman32 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

good post +1

Why do new fans of any series like to shove thier opinion down people's throats? I'm not saying you're a "new fan" but you're acting like one, you know, trying to justify your love for the new "hated" game by finding people that agree with you, and always telling people that actually have concerns about thier favourite series getting destroyed to stop complaining. :/

What he said in his post is exactly true the series as always been action/horror and Isaac is an engineer so it does make sense that he can craft weapons.The fact is DS1&2 had Day one DLC just like DS3 will nothing new.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#14riddlebox89Posted 2/4/2013 1:56:40 AM

I've played both games several times, loved the hell out of them, so I'm so far off from the point of being a "new fan" I don't even remember what that looked like when I passed it.

Everything I said is true, the DS franchise was never about horror first, it was always about action first, the DS3 coop is entirely 100% optional, no AI partner when soloing, along with everything else I've said, the only thing that really changed from DS2 to DS3 is, human enemies, which die by necromorph induced injuries pretty quickly, optional coop, weapon creating and a few new gameplay features.

I'm also right when I say, play the damn game before judging it, people who praise/hate games they haven't even played are nothing less than fools, so do yourself a favor and save yourself from feeling like an ass for disliking the game before playing it, then ending up liking it after playing it.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#15Zax77Posted 2/4/2013 2:01:28 AM
riddlebox89 posted...

I've played both games several times, loved the hell out of them, so I'm so far off from the point of being a "new fan" I don't even remember what that looked like when I passed it.

Everything I said is true, the DS franchise was never about horror first, it was always about action first, the DS3 coop is entirely 100% optional, no AI partner when soloing, along with everything else I've said, the only thing that really changed from DS2 to DS3 is, human enemies, which die by necromorph induced injuries pretty quickly, optional coop, weapon creating and a few new gameplay features.

I'm also right when I say, play the damn game before judging it, people who praise/hate games they haven't even played are nothing less than fools, so do yourself a favor and save yourself from feeling like an ass for disliking the game before playing it, then ending up liking it after playing it.

Well said man, good post +2. Other guy is trolling hard and failing
---
Got bored and built my game collection, check it out bra's because I have nothing clever for a Sig