This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last of Us - New Preview, gameplay, and detail aka the best game this year

#21Dark_Soldier42Posted 2/4/2013 8:22:09 AM
Reading the comments on the youtube video, I can't understand why PS3 games gets so much more hate from PC gamers. My God they are more immature than the PS3 trolls here and xbox fanboys.
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#22Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 2/4/2013 8:23:04 AM
Having just learned of Joel's sixth sense that allows him to track dangerous enemies through walls, my interest in the game dropped pretty much to zero. So all this talk about realism was utter bollocks.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#23carib2gPosted 2/4/2013 8:23:44 AM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
wow, finally we get to see some glimmer of what we can expect from the game, and it looks amazing.

Uh... where the **** have you been? We've had "glimmers" for months now.

+1

But yes, game is looking better and better with each new tidbit...
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#24OtakuGameraPosted 2/4/2013 8:28:48 AM
Having just learned of Joel's sixth sense that allows him to track dangerous enemies through walls, my interest in the game dropped pretty much to zero. So all this talk about realism was utter bollocks.

there will be some kind of limitation:

Two Infected, unaware of my presence, wait on the floor below me. Tess and I stare through gaps in a ruined wall and survey the situation. I'm too nervous to plan any approach, so when Tess urges me to drop down and secure our way forward, I'm astonished to see my fingers (and Joel's legs) obeying. With no staircase to speak of, a long drop secures my fate there's no turning back, and I crouch to begin closing the distance. Holding R2 allows Joel to focus his hearing and attention for signs of Infected; I make use of this feature, and faint outlines of two Infected appear through the wall that divides us. One has its back to me; the other will be too far, I hope, to notice us. I creep out from behind the half-wall and I'm terrified to see a third, yet-unnoticed Infected.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#25daigre7Posted 2/4/2013 8:39:43 AM
I don't get how this game can continue to amaze me with every new preview. I'm very tempted to freeze myself for a few months a la Cartman. I want to give Naughty Dog $60 soooo badly.
---
PSN - Hand_Banana
#26BigAl519Posted 2/4/2013 8:43:53 AM
ryouma17 posted...
Aputi posted...
aka the best game this year.

if metal gear ground zeroes doesnt come out this year then yes the last of us will get GOTY

lol Metal Gear. Don't know if this guy is actually serious or not.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#27Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 2/4/2013 9:09:34 AM
there will be some kind of limitation:

It's still a dumb, immersion-breaking crutch which could be avoided entirely if only your stealth sequences were designed in a manner that's actually fair. So I'm supposed to believe in and relate to this everyman type of character, I just have to come to terms with the fact that's he's actually postapocalyptic Daredevil first. I think that kinda undermines everything the people at ND have been trying to accomplish here.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#28OtakuGameraPosted 2/4/2013 9:16:35 AM
It's still a dumb, immersion-breaking crutch which could be avoided entirely if only your stealth sequences were designed in a manner that's actually fair. So I'm supposed to believe in and relate to this everyman type of character, I just have to come to terms with the fact that's he's actually postapocalyptic Daredevil first. I think that kinda undermines everything the people at ND have been trying to accomplish here.

you're basing this on a few minutes of videos and one person's (glowing) opinion on it, wait for more footage and reserve your judgement then
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#29nonexistingheroPosted 2/5/2013 1:34:25 AM
Looks very meh, IMO. Not seeing the hype.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#30PoorCountryPosted 2/5/2013 2:13:57 AM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...

you're basing this on a few minutes of videos and one person's (glowing) opinion on it, wait for more footage and reserve your judgement then

He's basing it on the concept, and he's right: everything he said about the concept is on-point. Are you going to suggest that they will implement this concept, of being able to psychically see through walls, in a way that doesn't involve psychically seeing through walls?

I think the game looks cool, but I don't like the thing about having a "sixth sense." That doesn't feel realistic, it doesn't immerse me in the role of Joel, and if it's true that it's there only to be a crutch and doesn't have any impacting relevance to the story-line (this is definitely how it comes off), then I would prefer they leave it out and allow the game to be that much more difficult.