This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Sakaguchi hate the PS3? Why hasn't there been a PS3 game from Mistwalker?

#11MyEvilTwin7Posted 2/4/2013 4:54:02 AM
I'm pretty sure the only reason Mistwalker made games on the 360 is because they got funding from MS. It's not that they can't make games in HD by themselves, they probably just can't afford it.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#12Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/4/2013 5:00:51 AM
Mixture420 posted...
All those games sucked. Lost Odyssey was the slowest, corniest, tedious RPG of all time. The only thing I will miss is Nobou Uematsu's genious composition

FINAL FANTASY XIV : A Realm Reborn.
Future FINAL FANTASY games.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#13nouseravailablePosted 2/4/2013 5:43:45 AM
Idk, all those games look like collaborations. The studio seems pretty weak, only things they are able to develop by themselves are io games. That might be a problem as well...
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#14XenobowPosted 2/4/2013 6:26:28 AM
I love Lost Odyssey.
#15nonexistingheroPosted 2/4/2013 8:30:03 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
Lost Odyssey was great, Blue Dragon was....Bleh. Not terrible, just very bland and forgettable.

Why the hell does everyone always say this? You all got it backwards. Blue Dragon is the great and memorable one, Lost Odyssey is the forgettable one. They're both great though imo. LO is like Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon like Dragon Quest. I love it.

average user reviews says otherwise

Doesn't matter. I think Blue Dragon is the better game too. The game is really easy on normal, but it's a challenging game if you start it on the hard mode. The battle system is quite a bit deeper than Lost Oddysey's.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#16Lelouch71Posted 2/4/2013 11:35:46 AM
If Sony was willing to help fund a game project then they would probably make a PS3 or rather a PS4 game. Sakaguchi may have a grudge against Sony (or rather Ken) but he's a businessman. He wouldn't let his pride get in the way if they were willing to make a deal. That what Nintendo and MS did. Mistwalker isn't exactly a large company. Blame Sony for not giving a damn.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#17Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 11:40:59 AM
Lelouch71 posted...
He wouldn't let his pride get in the way if they were willing to make a deal. That what Nintendo and MS did. Mistwalker isn't exactly a large company. Blame Sony for not giving a damn.

Can you fault Sony though? For all the money Microsoft poured into Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey the games barely sold at all. And The Last Story did almost nothing for Nintendo, despite an incredibly large marketing push in Japan.

Maybe when Mistwalker actually makes a hit game Sony will take notice. :p
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#18Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 12:06:35 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
He wouldn't let his pride get in the way if they were willing to make a deal. That what Nintendo and MS did. Mistwalker isn't exactly a large company. Blame Sony for not giving a damn.

Can you fault Sony though? For all the money Microsoft poured into Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey the games barely sold at all. And The Last Story did almost nothing for Nintendo, despite an incredibly large marketing push in Japan.

The Last Story was a localization success for Nintendo fans. Even XSeed (the publisher) claims that it became their most successful title ever. Not really sure what that entails but it clearly means the title sold well enough.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#19CielTynavePosted 2/4/2013 12:16:50 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
Lelouch71 posted...

The Last Story was a localization success for Nintendo fans. Even XSeed (the publisher) claims that it became their most successful title ever. Not really sure what that entails but it clearly means the title sold well enough.

But not doubt because for once they didn't have to do any of the localization work themselves, since it was already done by NOE. They only had to publish it instead of translate, localize, and pay voice actors which would obvious make a huge difference.
#20Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 12:37:50 PM
Virus66 posted...

Not XSeed's most success title ever????!!!!

That's kind of my point. I'm willing to bet the money Microsoft poured into Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (and Nintendo into The Last Story) was hardly worth the pay off.

I mean I don't recall Microsoft beating down the doors for sequels (in fact they ended up canceling Mistwalker's last 360 game) and The Last Story didn't even move 200,000 units in Japan despite Nintendo promoting the hell out of it.

It might be XSeed's best selling game, but you're talking about a company most famous for releasing PSP games in the US...
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.