This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many people are wary of the writing quality in Beyond: Two Souls?

#1Bloodlines1191Posted 2/4/2013 3:10:59 AM
I can't think of Deadly Premonition without thinking of the mass complaints and bashing of Heavy Rain due to the plot holes so much that it turned to hate. I should be enjoying Sinner Sandwiches and F.K being in the coffee and the whistle song! Instead it's negative stuff.

With Mass Effect 3's ending and Assassin's Creed 3 entire damn story. It shows that Cage isn't the worse writer in fiction (I've heard some messed up things said about him and opinions) and that people need to lay off the guy. That said, based on writing quality from HR alone, is this a Day One buy for you? Keep in mind that Jodie's spirit slaughtering the SWAT guards in the demo had them doing nothing even while the others were being killed viciously. Then again, it's not a stealth game and is more of a programming issue. Still, I can't help but think people will think the gameplay is plot related as well.

Eh, I guess it's the price of games being taken as a storytelling device and not a game these days. Story > Gameplay.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#2VanderZooPosted 2/4/2013 3:35:55 AM
Not wary at all, Heavy Rain was well written, and I doubt Ellen Page would be doing it if the script sucked.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#3DocDeliciousPosted 2/4/2013 4:09:30 AM
VanderZoo posted...
Not wary at all, Heavy Rain was well written, and I doubt Ellen Page would be doing it if the script sucked.

I'm pretty sure Ellen Page would star in a highschool play if someone paid her enough.

Yes, TC, I'm worried. It's already a fairly generic idea; going to take some amazing writing and a few fresh gameplay ideas for it to sell (I mean, besides to the "oooh pretty graphics" guys).
---
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#4jessica73Posted 2/4/2013 5:08:31 AM
Very wary, Indigo Prophecy went to wtf territory half way in, HR was mediocre through its entirety
I'll gamefly it maybe
---
a 7/10 from jess for bioware is like a 4/10 everywhere else - GP UltraVi0lence
#5Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:53:29 AM
I mentioned this a on the Beyond: Two Souls boards not long ago. This was my post...

"Damn. Heavy Rain really messed up the minds of people. Personally this is obviously a Day One buy for me. Still, I wish gamers would open their minds up to this game. But I guess that's the fault of the Developers. I'm pretty sure HR gave it a mark of death so I don't think it'll be being in the running for GOTY or any sort of praise with Heavy Rain in their minds. So it may seem on the radar right now, but it'll disappear at release.

I like Heavy Rain but I also like Deadly Premonition as well. But for what I read back then (even now) about how Heavy Rain sucks and David Cage sucks/is a failed movie director/shouldn't be in the gaming industry. It's so serious that I can only choose one. Can I like them both?"
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper