The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#1SophisticationPosted 2/4/2013 3:39:45 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/dmc-devil-may-cry-ships-1-million-copies-forecast-lowered-to-1-2-million/

They've shipped 1 million and have only sold 400, 000... sales last week were 47, 000 world wide. Once a 5 million projection, cut to 3, then to 2 and now 1.2... ninja theory are toast.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2angry_cowtipperPosted 2/4/2013 3:42:48 AM
They're probably not toast. But good. This game should do poorly.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#3demonfang178Posted 2/4/2013 3:47:30 AM
NT's already been paid. They're clear. Probably won't get outsourced again though.
#4nonexistingheroPosted 2/4/2013 3:50:55 AM
Capcom just needs better analysts. The expectations for their game sales are through the roof. They expected RE6 to sell 7-8 million before it came out, despite the fact that more than half of the fanbase seemed to despise it, while also quite a few folks thought it was just a poorly designed game.

Same for some other games, like SFxTekken. They seem totally oblivious to the hatred their gathering from all the f***ing around they do (on-disc & overpriced DLC, releasing more complete editions, totally f***ing up balancing, pretty much cutting content from the game and selling it as DLC, unnecessary reboots, changing their franchises cores, etc).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:55:36 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Capcom just needs better analysts. The expectations for their game sales are through the roof. They expected RE6 to sell 7-8 million before it came out, despite the fact that more than half of the fanbase seemed to despise it, while also quite a few folks thought it was just a poorly designed game.

Same for some other games, like SFxTekken. They seem totally oblivious to the hatred their gathering from all the f***ing around they do (on-disc & overpriced DLC, releasing more complete editions, totally f***ing up balancing, pretty much cutting content from the game and selling it as DLC, unnecessary reboots, changing their franchises cores, etc).

Well said... sophisticated even.

What's most alarming is that these sales aren't for one system... they are across 3 different platforms. Ps3, xbox and pc -- the install base we are talking is absolutely mind blowing. What is going on here?
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#6Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/4/2013 4:06:21 AM
Capcom also failed to realise that the hate they've gathered from their past projects would affect them this time, on top of the hate from the Devil May Cry fanbase. A lot of people just dislike Capcom as a whole now. Heck, I enjoy some of their fighting games and even I acknowledge that they just don't get it. They're ignorant. It's like they don't even read their own forums, or any forums for that matter. They have so much potential. So many great IPs to resurrect, so many fan-pleasing directions they could go in with existing IPs they have out right now. They're sitting on a gold mine, but they need to start doing what the fans want instead of being arrogant and telling us what we want. It just annoys me how great they could be because as a fan of many of their IPs, I want them to be great.
#7djiluvu44Posted 2/4/2013 4:11:29 AM
game was good though, idk whats with the hate.
#8Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/4/2013 4:18:46 AM
djiluvu44 posted...

I enjoyed it, but it's way too repetitive and the combat is so limited that I can't find the desire to play through a second time. Even GoW's combat is better, as shallow as it is.
#9djiluvu44Posted 2/4/2013 4:21:02 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
djiluvu44 posted...

I enjoyed it, but it's way too repetitive and the combat is so limited that I can't find the desire to play through a second time. Even GoW's combat is better, as shallow as it is.

I've seen way more games that are more repetitive than DMC. IE first person shooter games.
#10Hustler NinePosted 2/4/2013 4:28:22 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

Well said.

That's why I won't buy a Capcom game on launch ever again. The new DmC doesn't have bloody palace. Why? Yes, to sell it as a DLC later on.
So I have to pay more than 60 bucks in order to have the same amount of content DMC4 had before the DLC explosion.

Never again Capcom.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...