This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#11zombie_basher13Posted 2/4/2013 4:30:11 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Capcom also failed to realise that the hate they've gathered from their past projects would affect them this time, on top of the hate from the Devil May Cry fanbase. A lot of people just dislike Capcom as a whole now. Heck, I enjoy some of their fighting games and even I acknowledge that they just don't get it. They're ignorant. It's like they don't even read their own forums, or any forums for that matter. They have so much potential. So many great IPs to resurrect, so many fan-pleasing directions they could go in with existing IPs they have out right now. They're sitting on a gold mine, but they need to start doing what the fans want instead of being arrogant and telling us what we want. It just annoys me how great they could be because as a fan of many of their IPs, I want them to be great.

But is there really any hope for them at this point? After all their crap they're not just gonna "wake up" and start doing what the fans want. Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation is like, the biggest slap in the face I have seen...Resident Evil 6 really disappointed...DmC sucks. I don't care what anyone says, it just looks like a terrible game in general.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#12DarkSymbiotePosted 2/4/2013 4:36:20 AM
angry_cowtipper posted...
They're probably not toast. But good. This game should do poorly.

---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#13Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/4/2013 4:38:18 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Capcom also failed to realise that the hate they've gathered from their past projects would affect them this time, on top of the hate from the Devil May Cry fanbase. A lot of people just dislike Capcom as a whole now. Heck, I enjoy some of their fighting games and even I acknowledge that they just don't get it. They're ignorant. It's like they don't even read their own forums, or any forums for that matter. They have so much potential. So many great IPs to resurrect, so many fan-pleasing directions they could go in with existing IPs they have out right now. They're sitting on a gold mine, but they need to start doing what the fans want instead of being arrogant and telling us what we want. It just annoys me how great they could be because as a fan of many of their IPs, I want them to be great.

But is there really any hope for them at this point? After all their crap they're not just gonna "wake up" and start doing what the fans want. Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation is like, the biggest slap in the face I have seen...Resident Evil 6 really disappointed...DmC sucks. I don't care what anyone says, it just looks like a terrible game in general.

I think they will, but not until they've hit rock bottom. I believe they'll start losing more money than they can handle and in a last desperation attempt they'll do something that people actually want, which will sell amazingly, pull them back onto their feet and make them realise that listening to the fans wasn't such a bad idea after all.

The same happened with Sony and the PS3. They were too arrogant until the PS3's launch. Now they actually consider their options instead of just thinking "Well we're always top dog, so people will like this product because we made it and nobody doubts Sony".

Even King of Fighters XIII only turned out so great because KoFXII was so terrible and flopped. These corrupt companies are only capable learning the hard way.
#14Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/4/2013 4:41:56 AM
They need people in charge who don't take their fanbases for granted, and who don't see fans as the battered redneck housewives you see on Cops.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#15The_DjokerPosted 2/4/2013 4:45:44 AM(edited)
NT's already been paid. They're clear. Probably won't get outsourced again though.

why won't they get outsourced again? Take off your DMC fanboy goggles and think rationally. NT made a great game. Not a good DMC game but they made a solid game. Capcom are the ones to blame for this gameno t selling. Wether it's advertising or major Reboot design decisions..that was ALL CAPCOM. You can't blame NT for this.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#16Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/4/2013 4:47:53 AM
The_Djoker posted...
NT's already been paid. They're clear. Probably won't get outsourced again though.

why won't they get outsourced again? Take off your DMC fanboy goggles and think rationally. NT made a great game. Not a good DMC game but they made a solid game. Capcom are the ones to blame for this gameno t selling. Wether it's advertising or major Reboot design decisions..that was ALL CAPCOM. You can't blame NT for this.

It's NT's fault for the limited and repetitive gameplay though.
#17Dark__ThronePosted 2/4/2013 4:47:58 AM
I don't see why they have to s*** on all their fanchises.

I mean.... Why cancel Mega Man? It has quite a large fanbase and alot of people would buy those games.

Why turn Resident Evil into an action franchise? That just pissed off the original fanbase that made Resident Evil as popular as it is. Plus, if an abysmal action RE game (Operation Raccoon City) can sell decently, then I think a survival horror RE game would sell. Anything with "Resident Evil" is likely going to sell.

Why give Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory? They were doing fine making those games themselves.

Why try to rip off your consumers when it comes to Street Fighter games? They must know that people will find out about their bulls*** DLC schemes and be pissed. All they did was make people hate them and boycott them.

I don't get Capcom.
#18warner1Posted 2/4/2013 4:50:18 AM
Sad, I actually really liked this game.
#19DarkSymbiotePosted 2/4/2013 5:06:18 AM
The_Djoker posted...

Then why not call it something else? Or at the very least limit it to a portable system?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#20Sephivengeance9Posted 2/4/2013 5:18:19 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Then why not call it something else? Or at the very least limit it to a portable system?

Most likely because their plan was to have it sell based off the franchise title, and then release a DLC costume to appease the fans because, much like every other idiot out there trying to pass off the legitimate issues as "the hair", Capcom thought that the fans only problem with the mediocrity that is DmC was "the hair".
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3