This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#21DarkSymbiotePosted 2/4/2013 4:20:22 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
The_Djoker posted...
NT's already been paid. They're clear. Probably won't get outsourced again though.

why won't they get outsourced again? Take off your DMC fanboy goggles and think rationally. NT made a great game. Not a good DMC game but they made a solid game. Capcom are the ones to blame for this gameno t selling. Wether it's advertising or major Reboot design decisions..that was ALL CAPCOM. You can't blame NT for this.

Then why not call it something else? Or at the very least limit it to a portable system?

Most likely because their plan was to have it sell based off the franchise title, and then release a DLC costume to appease the fans because, much like every other idiot out there trying to pass off the legitimate issues as "the hair", Capcom thought that the fans only problem with the mediocrity that is DmC was "the hair".

The worst part of the entire DmC marketing was that many major journalists was on Capcom's side.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#22sonicteam2k1Posted 2/4/2013 4:26:16 AM
pretty sad seeing how the game is actually good.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#23Junpei_StupeiPosted 2/4/2013 4:40:07 AM(edited)
Serves Capcom right for Westernizing everything they touch.

Westernization = Baaaad.... (Bad for games)

I saw a fat guy yesterday asking a store employee about this game. I wanted to discourage him, but I was too busy comparing the prices of the models of 3DS and Vita.

I held the game in my hand, and wanted to break it in half and trample the case while in the store, but I knew I was going to pay for it, so obviously I didn't. But yeah, seeing that inferior face on the cover made me want to destroy it.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#24SonicFreak99Posted 2/4/2013 4:46:11 AM
Isn't the DMC team making Dragons Dogma now? I think that may be part of the reason the game was outsourced. I still think a next gen DMC5 with everyone from DMC4+Vergil in some form or a Sparda prequel would sell so much better...
---
PSN: MetalGearLiquid
#25DarkSymbiotePosted 2/4/2013 4:49:13 AM
SonicFreak99 posted...
Isn't the DMC team making Dragons Dogma now? I think that may be part of the reason the game was outsourced. I still think a next gen DMC5 with everyone from DMC4+Vergil in some form or a Sparda prequel would sell so much better...

I do wonder though: Why is DD so lackluster?

Also, it was outsourced because Capcom thought "Western Influenzzz" is cool for sales.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#26PoorCountryPosted 2/4/2013 5:44:16 AM(edited)
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Capcom also failed to realise that the hate they've gathered from their past projects would affect them this time, on top of the hate from the Devil May Cry fanbase. A lot of people just dislike Capcom as a whole now. Heck, I enjoy some of their fighting games and even I acknowledge that they just don't get it. They're ignorant. It's like they don't even read their own forums, or any forums for that matter. They have so much potential. So many great IPs to resurrect, so many fan-pleasing directions they could go in with existing IPs they have out right now. They're sitting on a gold mine, but they need to start doing what the fans want instead of being arrogant and telling us what we want. It just annoys me how great they could be because as a fan of many of their IPs, I want them to be great.

This kind of attitude should go to hell. Imagine people saying, "Stanley Kubrick, stop doing what you want to do. Do what we want you to do. Give us what we want." Who cares who makes what, then? Why would anyone want to do anything creative? Their job, as implied by this argument, is to read forums and give everyone what they want.
#27NightwishPosted 2/4/2013 5:54:54 AM
Man that vacation from sophistication was nice, you need to get put on parole again
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#28Bronze_StuffPosted 2/4/2013 6:00:54 AM
PoorCountry posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Capcom also failed to realise that the hate they've gathered from their past projects would affect them this time, on top of the hate from the Devil May Cry fanbase. A lot of people just dislike Capcom as a whole now. Heck, I enjoy some of their fighting games and even I acknowledge that they just don't get it. They're ignorant. It's like they don't even read their own forums, or any forums for that matter. They have so much potential. So many great IPs to resurrect, so many fan-pleasing directions they could go in with existing IPs they have out right now. They're sitting on a gold mine, but they need to start doing what the fans want instead of being arrogant and telling us what we want. It just annoys me how great they could be because as a fan of many of their IPs, I want them to be great.

This kind of attitude should go to hell. Imagine people saying, "Stanley Kubrick, stop doing what you want to do. Do what we want you to do. Give us what we want." Who cares who makes what, then? Why would anyone want to do anything creative? Their job, as implied by this argument, is to read forums and give everyone what they want.

There's a difference between making a product that's yours and going completely against the grain simply for the sake of ignoring the fans. Capcom acts like this:

"I like X but I dislike Y," if several people agree with this statement, it's probably best to not include "Y" in your next product as much. Capcom's idea is this: "well I liked Y. They should too. The next game we make will feature more Y and less of X." Then when the game sells poorly, they blame people for it not selling well.
---
Jimbo.
#29tigerex777Posted 2/4/2013 6:19:50 AM
PoorCountry posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

You make absolutely no sense. Capcom have shown that they are all for the money, with excessive DLC content for every game, re-releasing the same game with some changes months later, Capcom is one of the worst right now. So if they are all about the money and not about going against the grain for creativity why won't they do what the fans want? Doesn't it make more sense that it would generate more money that way? And since Capcom is all about the money why do they have to be so ignorant and stubborn? A good example of going against the grain for the sake of the producer's own ambition was team Ninja with itagaki at the helm. He wouldn't make the games easier no matter how hard the Ninja gaiden games were. He also wouldn't make the games for Sony. Stubborn but I can respect that. As soon as he gets fired the Ninja gaiden games go multiplatform even to the Wii-u and turns to ****. That's the problem with Capcom right now, they need a stubirn producer who won't aliow dog **** like RE6 and DmC to some degree, meaning it wasn't a bad game just not what the fans wanted.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#30ManuKesnaPosted 2/4/2013 6:21:21 AM
aaww you are not suspended anymore digital troll? :(
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna