This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#31NightwishPosted 2/4/2013 7:25:25 AM
ManuKesna posted...
aaww you are not suspended anymore digital troll? :(

Gotta be pretty sophisticated to get suspended on gfaqs, but it probably wasn't his fault, the mods were out to get him.
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#32Divine_LightPosted 2/4/2013 7:26:00 AM
serves them right, first they insult the fans and then they expect them to support their games? the fans weren't sheeps eh Capcom?

With RE6 being a garbage and now with this poorly sold REBOOT, Capcom should start rethinking their strategies and please the fans, rejoice people this garbage is done.
---
Currently playing:SFXT, Yakuza: Dead Souls.
Waiting for :Metal Gear Revengeance, Last Gaurdian,Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
#33MrMikeMaPosted 2/4/2013 7:26:16 AM
That's why I won't buy a Capcom game on launch ever again. The new DmC doesn't have bloody palace. Why? Yes, to sell it as a DLC later on.

Bloody Palace was announced as free DLC. If it wind up costing now, I will be one angry gamer. That was part of the reason I bought DmC, getting Virgil and the bloody palace for free.
#34PoorCountryPosted 2/4/2013 7:31:21 AM
tigerex777 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Capcom also failed to realise that the hate they've gathered from their past projects would affect them this time, on top of the hate from the Devil May Cry fanbase. A lot of people just dislike Capcom as a whole now. Heck, I enjoy some of their fighting games and even I acknowledge that they just don't get it. They're ignorant. It's like they don't even read their own forums, or any forums for that matter. They have so much potential. So many great IPs to resurrect, so many fan-pleasing directions they could go in with existing IPs they have out right now. They're sitting on a gold mine, but they need to start doing what the fans want instead of being arrogant and telling us what we want. It just annoys me how great they could be because as a fan of many of their IPs, I want them to be great.

This kind of attitude should go to hell. Imagine people saying, "Stanley Kubrick, stop doing what you want to do. Do what we want you to do. Give us what we want." Who cares who makes what, then? Why would anyone want to do anything creative? Their job, as implied by this argument, is to read forums and give everyone what they want.

You make absolutely no sense. Capcom have shown that they are all for the money, with excessive DLC content for every game, re-releasing the same game with some changes months later, Capcom is one of the worst right now. So if they are all about the money and not about going against the grain for creativity why won't they do what the fans want? Doesn't it make more sense that it would generate more money that way? And since Capcom is all about the money why do they have to be so ignorant and stubborn? A good example of going against the grain for the sake of the producer's own ambition was team Ninja with itagaki at the helm. He wouldn't make the games easier no matter how hard the Ninja gaiden games were. He also wouldn't make the games for Sony. Stubborn but I can respect that. As soon as he gets fired the Ninja gaiden games go multiplatform even to the Wii-u and turns to ****. That's the problem with Capcom right now, they need a stubirn producer who won't aliow dog **** like RE6 and DmC to some degree, meaning it wasn't a bad game just not what the fans wanted.

I should clarify: I'm not saying that Capcom is in it to fulfill their personal creative ambition. I'm saying the attitude of, "make what we want" is, on its own, horribly selfish.
#35Evel138Posted 2/4/2013 7:31:21 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Serves Capcom right for Westernizing everything they touch.

Westernization = Baaaad.... (Bad for games)

I saw a fat guy yesterday asking a store employee about this game. I wanted to discourage him, but I was too busy comparing the prices of the models of 3DS and Vita.

I held the game in my hand, and wanted to break it in half and trample the case while in the store, but I knew I was going to pay for it, so obviously I didn't. But yeah, seeing that inferior face on the cover made me want to destroy it.

I've always gotten the impression that weeaboos/japanophiles are all pretty much introverts that wouldnt do anything about any situation outside of fantasy.

My opinion hasn't changed.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#36killakPosted 2/4/2013 7:36:07 AM
The venom trail that this game had for a year up to it's release, and the continued search for DmC negative news, it's no wonder sales have been affected.

Worse yet, f*** knows how many of the venom spitters even know if they'd enjoy it or not.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#37Arcell_GarzaPosted 2/4/2013 7:54:34 AM
Not everyone who dislikes it does so purely for the new look for Dante. I mean that was my initial reaction but I figured I'd give it a shot. Between the gameplay, the background story changes and the script, I couldn't justify buying it. I won't say it's outright bad but I saw nothing I liked. Others may appreciate it but I didn't enjoy any bit of the demo. I'm just not a fan of how NT does things. I enjoyed Enslaved up to a point but how they handled the ending killed it for me. Just a personal preference, I'm not a fan of their work.
---
Monster Hunter Tri - Arcell (LLEQ3Q)
#38123pataponPosted 2/4/2013 8:05:05 AM
capcom is reaping what it sow.
they don't publish here my monster hunter games, they dismantle my beloved clover studio so no more god hand, they sell my street fighters one piece at time trying to milk me like a cow, they don't listen to their customers and they are so japan centered it's not even fun. or maybe just self absorbed, since even their japanese fanbase isn't supporting them that much..

namco is next. beware namco, we will dance on your well deserved grave!
this is a globalized world, you must plan accordingly and LISTEN to what your customers really want. there is so much choice now we're not just going to buy whatever you throw on the market.
#39killakPosted 2/4/2013 8:18:54 AM
they don't publish here my monster hunter games, they dismantle my beloved clover studio so no more god hand, they sell my street fighters one piece at time trying to milk me like a cow, they don't listen to their customers and they are so japan centered it's not even fun. or maybe just self absorbed, since even their japanese fanbase isn't supporting them that much..

By doing what they want with their own properties?

You misuse the term 'my' . that's for sure.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp
#40123pataponPosted 2/4/2013 8:28:45 AM
killak posted...

By doing what they want with their own properties?

You misuse the term 'my' . that's for sure.

I was being overly dramatic just to make a point: going totally, completely, continuously against your fans and CUSTOMERS is moronic.