This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#41deprofundis442Posted 2/4/2013 8:31:43 AM
I love these topics where everybody thinks they know exactly why a game sells poorly or why a company made a certain decision. You should all get jobs in market analysis. You'd do great! I can see it now...

"HERP! Dun weshturnize an' dun do DEE ELL SEE! Big sales you make!!"
#42killakPosted 2/4/2013 8:34:58 AM
I was being overly dramatic just to make a point: going totally, completely, continuously against your fans and CUSTOMERS is moronic.

having ridiculously hard to please customers, doesn't help any.

I'm a fan, i'm a customer and they're not against me at all.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#43Bestia_SomniaPosted 2/4/2013 8:36:25 AM
deprofundis442 posted...
I love these topics where everybody thinks they know exactly why a game sells poorly or why a company made a certain decision. You should all get jobs in market analysis. You'd do great! I can see it now...

There is no qualification for "seeing the obvious". The game failed in sales. Who knows better than the consumers who contributed to it's failure? Because clearly the devs/publishers themselves don't have a clue why. Analysts are less qualified than us to speak. The same analysts like Pachter and the ones at Capcom who spout bullcrap after bullcrap of nonsensical predictions that turn out to be completely off the truth, which all the actual consumers already call out ages ago.
#44TwinmoldPosted 2/4/2013 9:00:57 AM
Who knows better than the consumers who contributed to it's failure?

People who actually analyze market data instead of projecting their own opinions onto an entire market. You know, credible people.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#45superbowl54Posted 2/4/2013 9:02:31 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Capcom just needs better analysts. The expectations for their game sales are through the roof. They expected RE6 to sell 7-8 million before it came out, despite the fact that more than half of the fanbase seemed to despise it, while also quite a few folks thought it was just a poorly designed game.

Same for some other games, like SFxTekken. They seem totally oblivious to the hatred their gathering from all the f***ing around they do (on-disc & overpriced DLC, releasing more complete editions, totally f***ing up balancing, pretty much cutting content from the game and selling it as DLC, unnecessary reboots, changing their franchises cores, etc).

Well said.

That's why I won't buy a Capcom game on launch ever again. The new DmC doesn't have bloody palace. Why? Yes, to sell it as a DLC later on.
So I have to pay more than 60 bucks in order to have the same amount of content DMC4 had before the DLC explosion.

Never again Capcom.

yes, it's DLC, but it's free DLC.

Ball's in your court
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#46sonicteam2k1Posted 2/4/2013 9:14:39 AM
well seeing as a devil may cry game wasn't going to be made at all in the first place, I can easily see them shelving the series.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#47deprofundis442Posted 2/4/2013 10:29:44 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
deprofundis442 posted...

There is no qualification for "seeing the obvious". The game failed in sales. Who knows better than the consumers who contributed to it's failure? Because clearly the devs/publishers themselves don't have a clue why. Analysts are less qualified than us to speak. The same analysts like Pachter and the ones at Capcom who spout bullcrap after bullcrap of nonsensical predictions that turn out to be completely off the truth, which all the actual consumers already call out ages ago.

Of course!! Customer knows best. Forgot that one. With 1001 possibilities, YOU must know the correct answer because you buy things!
#48lifeline81Posted 2/4/2013 11:05:15 AM
When you try something new, you can't help but to know the risk. When this game first was shown back at E3, I was one of MANY that said: "What?! That's not Dante!" NT try to put fears to rest about the game, but with these low sale numbers roll on, that was mostly for not.

I hope this is not the end of the line for DMC as a whole. But rest assured; Capcom will be wiser about their future titles.
---
Drippy: "This is why they say never work with children!" (Ni no Kuni)
PSN: BlueHippo12 - Playing: Skyrim, Ni no Kuni, ToGf.
#49RollingCradlePosted 2/4/2013 11:34:04 AM
DmC is great, but since it's no longer a Sony exclusive nerds are totally up in arms.
#50Gman2989Posted 2/4/2013 11:40:47 AM
Well after buying SF4 3 times, hating MVC3, and losing MML3 I have really lost all of my interest for Capcom games.
---
PSN & Nintendo Network: Gman2989 Currently Playing: PS All Stars, Nintendoland, NSMBU