This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#51656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 11:42:55 AM
Good. That's what they get for chasing more sales by trying to piss off their fans. Hopefully after this and RE6 Capcom might wake up to themselves.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#52Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 11:46:52 AM
RollingCradle posted...
DmC is great, but since it's no longer a Sony exclusive nerds are totally up in arms.

DmC was never exclusive. :p

And it's just not PS3 owners complaining about DmC...
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#53king_maddenPosted 2/4/2013 11:50:02 AM
Dont you love when games fail, and then they make fewer of that game, and companies get more and more conservative.

before we know we will only have yearly sport releases and COD.

I never understand why people WANT games to fail, and then get upset when less and less variety comes out, and cant seem to understand why companies dont try to do something new.
#54Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 11:55:08 AM
king_madden posted...
Dont you love when games fail, and then they make fewer of that game, and companies get more and more conservative.

I never understand why people WANT games to fail, and then get upset when less and less variety comes out, and cant seem to understand why companies dont try to do something new.

There's a reason why DmC gets a lot of slack. The game is good but it's not what fans wanted. The series didn't need a reboot, especially coming off the most successful entry in the franchise (DMC4).

IF anything I think a lot of people have finally reached their limit when it comes to Capcom's BS this generation. The fact that Capcom's last four major games (Marvel vs Capcom 3, Resident Evil 6, DmC, and Dragon's Dogma) all did worse than Capcom's projections should be a sign to the company as a whole, rather than just singling out DmC.
---
#55RollingCradlePosted 2/4/2013 11:58:06 AM
Yeah but on the other hand, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Resident Evil 6, DmC, and Dragon's Dogma is a much more diverse lineup than pretty much any third-party dev this entire gaming generation.
#56Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 12:12:37 PM
That may be but that doesn't give a company the right to constantly screw over their fan base like Capcom has been doing this entire generation.

If Capcom keeps missing projection and projection and lowering sales forecast for game after game maybe they need to evaluate what it is they are doing. That's all I'm saying.

And this isn't a knock against DmC, which is a good game. I'm just saying the problem goes deeper than just people being upset about the new Dante.
---
#57king_maddenPosted 2/4/2013 12:24:28 PM
when you give the fans more of what they want, others will say its the same basic game. if they try to add a little too much then none fans say they did something new while the old fans will say they shouldnt have changed it.

its impossible to please gamers these days.
#58RollingCradlePosted 2/4/2013 12:25:23 PM
Well CAPCOM have to fund that many projects, look how many different games they have released in quite a few genres this generation; other devs have regurgitated like one game over and over through the whole damn gen (EIGHT YEARS), microtransactions probably help to offset the funding Capcom allocates to releasing varied titles.
#59sonicteam2k1Posted 2/4/2013 12:26:28 PM
king_madden posted...

this. i don't get it either.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#60656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 12:27:00 PM
king_madden posted...
when you give the fans more of what they want, others will say its the same basic game. if they try to add a little too much then none fans say they did something new while the old fans will say they shouldnt have changed it.

its impossible to please gamers these days.

Oh please. Just because fans want one game to change doesn't mean they want the others to. I don't recall a single complaint about DMC4 being too similar to the others. The only reason people complained about DMC4 was the backtracking and not enough Dante.

Stop using that flimsy excuse for every game. Wanting CoD to mix it up a bit doesn't mean I want the next Final Fantasy to be a ShUMP.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8