This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#61igsp335Posted 2/4/2013 12:29:05 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...

I held the game in my hand, and wanted to break it in half and trample the case while in the store, but I knew I was going to pay for it, so obviously I didn't. But yeah, seeing that inferior face on the cover made me want to destroy it.

You got some serious issues, might want to go get that checked out..
#62GazelMinistryPosted 2/4/2013 12:30:16 PM
Isn't a million sales actually good?
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#63GregsplintercelPosted 2/4/2013 12:34:20 PM
angry_cowtipper posted...
They're probably not toast. But good. This game should do poorly.

I hope this game did very poorly. It will teach Capcom a lesson and maybe next time they will make there own games. If its not broken don't fix it.
---
THE GODS OF OLYMPUS
HAVE ABANDONED ME
#64MelficeSeph2Posted 2/4/2013 12:37:23 PM
With all the things that they changed they actually expected to sell 5 MILLION!?

*Dead*
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#65king_maddenPosted 2/4/2013 12:38:33 PM
656stooge posted...
king_madden posted...
when you give the fans more of what they want, others will say its the same basic game. if they try to add a little too much then none fans say they did something new while the old fans will say they shouldnt have changed it.

its impossible to please gamers these days.

Oh please. Just because fans want one game to change doesn't mean they want the others to. I don't recall a single complaint about DMC4 being too similar to the others. The only reason people complained about DMC4 was the backtracking and not enough Dante.

Stop using that flimsy excuse for every game. Wanting CoD to mix it up a bit doesn't mean I want the next Final Fantasy to be a ShUMP.

I see you missed the entire point, what you say and what you mean are 2 different things, devs see what works out there and what doesnt work. all these years gamers have been complaining and not buying new titles, or titles that completely changed things up, are you telling me you dont see fewer new IPs? are you telling me you dont see A LOT of remakes, and sequels?

no one was going to complain about DMC4 because it was the first DMC in HD, people wanted on the new consoles and they got it.

also devs cant read your mind, you say one thing about one game, for all they know you might say the same for the next. its perfectly normal to assume that if you are crying for games to mix it up, then the next person is going to assume that you want the next game to mix it up.
#66656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 12:38:53 PM
GazelMinistry posted...

3.8 million isn't even good.

http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-6-is-officially-a-failure-243965.phtml
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#67albanianx1Posted 2/4/2013 12:44:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#68GazelMinistryPosted 2/4/2013 12:44:48 PM
656stooge posted...
GazelMinistry posted...

3.8 million isn't even good.

http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-6-is-officially-a-failure-243965.phtml

I realize that the sales of Resident Evil and DmC are below Capcom's expectations (so therefore the games are "failures"), but what about in the scheme of things, industry-wide?
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#69shawnmckPosted 2/4/2013 12:44:51 PM
And then people wonder what is wrong with the industry.
The problem is that people love to criticize anything & everything....DMC (like so many other games) was doomed a long time ago by the trolls who didn't want to give it a chance, and wanted it to fail.
#70Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 12:45:14 PM
king_madden posted...
when you give the fans more of what they want, others will say its the same basic game. if they try to add a little too much then none fans say they did something new while the old fans will say they shouldnt have changed it.

its impossible to please gamers these days.

What complaints did the Devil May Cry franchise have prior to DmC's announcement? Most were happy enough with DMC 4, which went on to be the highest selling in the series, and Nero turned out to be a very likable character.

About the biggest complaint you can state for DMC 4 was the backtracking, which has been a problem for the entire series...

No one reboots a franchise after their most successful installment. You usually reboot a franchise that has declined in sales and has become too far removed from what fans loved about the game in general.

The worst part about all of this is that DmC was not a bad game. It was just an unwanted one.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.