This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#71656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 12:47:09 PM
king_madden posted...

I see you missed the entire point, what you say and what you mean are 2 different things, devs see what works out there and what doesnt work. all these years gamers have been complaining and not buying new titles, or titles that completely changed things up, are you telling me you dont see fewer new IPs? are you telling me you dont see A LOT of remakes, and sequels?

no one was going to complain about DMC4 because it was the first DMC in HD, people wanted on the new consoles and they got it.

also devs cant read your mind, you say one thing about one game, for all they know you might say the same for the next. its perfectly normal to assume that if you are crying for games to mix it up, then the next person is going to assume that you want the next game to mix it up.

No it isn't.DMC4 sold more than any other game in the series. It was a success, and fans made very clear what they did and didn't like. And you bring up a lack of new IPs, but how the hell does every game this gen turning into a simplified action game help matters? If people support games like RE6, Dead Space 3 and DmC then that's all we're going to get.

Fans are the ones getting screwed here. We say we want this and the devs give us something else, and then a bunch of immature brats run in and start calling everyone whiners and entitled, and then they say that we'll end up buying the game anyway.

So we vote with our wallets and avoid games like DmC, and all of a sudden it's our fault the industry is the way it is and we're just acting spoiled.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#72Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 12:48:18 PM
GazelMinistry posted...
I realize that the sales of Resident Evil and DmC are below Capcom's expectations (so therefore the games are "failures"), but what about in the scheme of things, industry-wide?

Wasn't RE 6 Capcom's biggest game ever, with some stupid amount of people working on it?

I recall something like 600 people working on the game at one point or something outrageous. It's probably Capcom's most expensive game ever made and for it to fall a couple of million short of their original projections is a pretty big deal.

The game itself probably made money but I'm willing to bet RE 4 and 5 were bigger financial successes for Capcom.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#73656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 12:50:59 PM
GazelMinistry posted...
656stooge posted...
GazelMinistry posted...
Isn't a million sales actually good?

3.8 million isn't even good.

http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-6-is-officially-a-failure-243965.phtml

I realize that the sales of Resident Evil and DmC are below Capcom's expectations (so therefore the games are "failures"), but what about in the scheme of things, industry-wide?

Well I think that's the biggest issue with the industry today. A game is only successful when it turns a decent profit, and most publishers seem to be over valuing their series and making games with such a high budget that there's very little chance of it succeeding.

Take Dead Space 3 for example. I recall an article where EA said that if it didn't meet expectations then Visceral was getting let go, and these expectations are something like 5 million sold.

5 million? No way in hell it will sell that much.
---
#74Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 12:53:36 PM
656stooge posted...
So we vote with our wallets and avoid games like DmC, and all of a sudden it's our fault the industry is the way it is and we're just acting spoiled.

That's something that is easy to forget. At the end of the day games are a business. You can talk all you want about artistic freedom or self expression or whatever but when everything is said and done game developers and publishers are delivering a sellable product.

Whenever they get too full of themselves or a game doesn't sell as much as they wanted (even when it's clear they don't have the fans' wishes in mind) it's our fault as gamers for being "entitled."

If you want to make "works of art" than go ahead, but don't think that working for a multi-billion dollar company who profits off selling products to the mass public makes you an artist.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#75Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:55:44 PM
GazelMinistry posted...
Isn't a million sales actually good?

Not across 3 platforms... wrap your head around the installbase you are selling to here.

78 million ps3's
77 million xbox 360's
Who knows how many millions of pc's

Add to this the sales of DmC are only sitting at just over 500, 000 right now... across all 3 systems it's on. Yes, game tanked.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#76XImperialDragonPosted 2/4/2013 12:56:03 PM
Capcom's been somewhat dead to me since they canceled pretty much any/all games for my singular favorite video game character, Mega Man.

I think the last game of theirs I purchased new was Resident Evil 5, which was a mistake, though it may have been Mega Man 10 since I don't remember which one came out first.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#77agrissaPosted 2/4/2013 1:17:59 PM
Garbage game is garbage. I don't think I've been happier to see a game flop.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#78king_maddenPosted 2/4/2013 1:29:15 PM
656stooge posted...
king_madden posted...

I see you missed the entire point, what you say and what you mean are 2 different things, devs see what works out there and what doesnt work. all these years gamers have been complaining and not buying new titles, or titles that completely changed things up, are you telling me you dont see fewer new IPs? are you telling me you dont see A LOT of remakes, and sequels?

no one was going to complain about DMC4 because it was the first DMC in HD, people wanted on the new consoles and they got it.

also devs cant read your mind, you say one thing about one game, for all they know you might say the same for the next. its perfectly normal to assume that if you are crying for games to mix it up, then the next person is going to assume that you want the next game to mix it up.

No it isn't.DMC4 sold more than any other game in the series. It was a success, and fans made very clear what they did and didn't like. And you bring up a lack of new IPs, but how the hell does every game this gen turning into a simplified action game help matters? If people support games like RE6, Dead Space 3 and DmC then that's all we're going to get.

Fans are the ones getting screwed here. We say we want this and the devs give us something else, and then a bunch of immature brats run in and start calling everyone whiners and entitled, and then they say that we'll end up buying the game anyway.

im not really sure what you're focusing on in the first paragraph you touch on like 3-4 different topics.

you keep saying "fans", but the majority of people who bought the game rarely even have a voice. the loudest voice is usually just the angry people. you look at a game sell millions and then you get a petition where maybe 100k people complain, and feel thats a lot of people. you are but a fraction of the majority.

you keep using the word "we", but who is "we" the vocal minority online? most gamers who dont want a game dont buy it and move on to the next, you have the minority online who constantly complain and feel everything they want should be in every game they like.

gamers are spoiled, and the constant complaining has helped make the industry what it is. not saying its the biggest reason though. look at all the good games or new IPs that were good, but they werent the genre people liked, or they werent well known, and people didnt trust it. companies see that and say "we need to stick to the games they know more".

I realized gamers were out of touch with reality when they voted EA the worst company in america.
#79Devilman_AmonPosted 2/4/2013 1:30:51 PM
In related news, Capcom sold 30,000 copies of Resident Evil 5 Pachislot game to try to make up for the losses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHaXokV_XD4
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#80656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 1:31:09 PM
Meh. IMO your full of ****.
---