This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more bad DmC news... capcom lowers projections further

#91Nightmare637Posted 2/4/2013 3:48:11 PM
I don't see the appeal of wanting something to fail, since it hurts the industry as a whole.

anyway DmC is a good game, and capcom has some unrealistic expectations for all there games(like they're made of gold or something.)
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#92656stoogePosted 2/4/2013 3:56:54 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
I don't see the appeal of wanting something to fail, since it hurts the industry as a whole.

anyway DmC is a good game, and capcom has some unrealistic expectations for all there games(like they're made of gold or something.)

Well a game not doing well that caused this much of an outcry from fans makes me feel like we can have some input in the industry.
Every day the industry is screwing us more and more with anti-consumer practices and it's nice knowing that for once voting with my wallet had an effect.

I've got nothing against Capcom and they have some great IP's, if they gave us a great sequel to DMC4 I'd buy it day one. But this "You'll buy what we tell you and like it, and if you don't then your one sale doesn't matter" attitude has to stop.

Surely there's a work around to making an IP that has mass appeal and making sure fans of existing franchises are still satisfied.
If Capcom want Resident Evil to appeal to fans of shooters then why couldn't they work on Raccoon City themselves and make sure it was a polished shooter, while at the same time giving older fans a console game similar to Revelations.

Hell, they practically did that anyway, but instead of focusing on one fanbase at a time they tried to please everyone with RE6 and failed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#93_tanjil_Posted 2/4/2013 4:25:00 PM
do the sales include digital purchases?
#94demonfang178Posted 2/4/2013 4:55:54 PM
The_Djoker posted...
NT's already been paid. They're clear. Probably won't get outsourced again though.

why won't they get outsourced again? Take off your DMC fanboy goggles and think rationally. NT made a great game. Not a good DMC game but they made a solid game. Capcom are the ones to blame for this gameno t selling. Wether it's advertising or major Reboot design decisions..that was ALL CAPCOM. You can't blame NT for this.

I can blame NT for the worst PR I've ever seen. Now I know why most higher-ups don't have a twitter account. I can blame NT for a completely predictable plot that attempts to tackle a huge modern problem but doesn't give a practical solution and, to top it off, is boring. I can blame NT for the ugly asthetics. I can blame NT for the convoluted control set-up. I can blame NT for dry dialogue and uninteresting characters. I can blame NT for the botched end mission rank system. Notice I haven't said jack about gameplay because that could easily triple this post's length. Thinking rationally, they made a mediocre game and that's being generous

Regardless of all that, even if they were free of blame, they're part of a game that fell way off mark and that doesn't instill confidence in potential supporters.
#95Gen2000Posted 2/4/2013 5:32:09 PM(edited)
GazelMinistry posted...
Isn't a million sales actually good?

That's one of Capcom's problems lately. Their expectations are waaaaaaay too high for their recent offers, it's like they're not paying attention to consumer base at all. Then they make rash decisions from those results.

"DMC4 the best selling entry in the franchise? **** it, give it to a Western gaming company who has little experience with high quality action gameplay mechanics. We'll get those CoD numbers for sure".
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#96Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/5/2013 12:45:00 AM
Im glad I waited I'll pick up the game in a few months when it's 20 bucks. I do want to play it but knowing it's going to get a price drop soon there's no reason to get it for full price right now.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#97TranslatorTomPosted 2/5/2013 3:33:22 AM
djiluvu44 posted...
game was good though, idk whats with the hate.

People decided that they hated it long before they played it... Then when they played it, they nitpicked it thoroughly to prove the validity of their own prejudices.
---
-Tom
#98Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:37:03 AM
You know what's sad...?

This topic has longer legs than DmC has at retail.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#99Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/5/2013 3:40:49 AM
When you hate everything sophie your bound to hate a game that truly deserves it.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#100IamthekuzalolPosted 2/5/2013 3:56:33 AM
Mediocre game selling poorly, nothing that surprising though. Also, serve Capcom right for it's stupid and tactless marketing strategy.