This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Patcher -PS4 will feature "hyperrealistic games"+ "render games at 240fps #YOLO

#1GwynsSonSolairePosted 2/4/2013 3:54:47 AM
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.UQ6V-vLDu99

Wow this is insane

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511475
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 2/4/2013 3:57:00 AM
Patcher's last screws must be loose
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#3GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:02:03 AM
Well he must be a part of the YOLO crowd now
#4KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/4/2013 4:05:21 AM
Stop posting quotes from this joke of a video game journalist then maybe he will go away. The bloke is CLUELESS. I'd be better off getting a gaming predictions from my cat, it'd be more likely to happen.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#5killakPosted 2/4/2013 4:06:45 AM
LoL. We already know he doesnt know s***
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#6angry_cowtipperPosted 2/4/2013 4:40:00 AM
He's not a journalist. He is an analyst, and makes gets paid by telling people where to invest money. I'm sure any number of us could paste any number of things he's said that have turned out wrong, but the truth is, he still has a job, he's got to be doing something.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#7Evel138Posted 2/4/2013 4:47:39 AM
angry_cowtipper posted...
He's not a journalist. He is an analyst, and makes gets paid by telling people where to invest money. I'm sure any number of us could paste any number of things he's said that have turned out wrong, but the truth is, he still has a job, he's got to be doing something.

This is what I point out every time the internet acts as if he hasn't a clue. Sure, every time he makes a prediction that doesn't pan out is mentioned and highlighted in the gaming press......so I don't blame people for accepting that impression that is given.....the caricature of the man (which the media loves to do), but the fact of the matter is that none of sit at the mans desk on a daily basis and see what he gets right.

You make Porsche money doing what you do (with even moderately successful results)......well, he does.....must be doing something right.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#8ottothecat2003Posted 2/4/2013 6:50:32 AM
Technically if they release any games that;

1. Have 3D
2. Run 3D at 60fps, and
3. feature full screen 2 player

then the game would need to run at 240fps so both players would get 60fps in each eye.
---
Scientists dedicate their lives to the people of a world which demonizes them while reaping the benefits of medicine, technology, transport, and agriculture.
#9ComfortablySadPosted 2/4/2013 7:26:58 AM
Remember the "PS3 will display all games at 1080P and 120fps" comments from crazy Ken?
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#10kingrat2314Posted 2/4/2013 9:10:40 AM
Evel138 posted...
angry_cowtipper posted...

This is what I point out every time the internet acts as if he hasn't a clue. Sure, every time he makes a prediction that doesn't pan out is mentioned and highlighted in the gaming press......so I don't blame people for accepting that impression that is given.....the caricature of the man (which the media loves to do), but the fact of the matter is that none of sit at the mans desk on a daily basis and see what he gets right.

You make Porsche money doing what you do (with even moderately successful results)......well, he does.....must be doing something right.

240fps. That's not a prediction, that's ignorance.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.