This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is having too large of a backlong mean you having a game buying addiction?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 2/4/2013 8:47:14 AM
I really don't get how people can have such a large backlog. I buy a game, play it, beat it, and move on. If I get bored of it, I play a different game and come back. Never had I had +20 per console, maybe around 12-16 for each, all beaten or played to their full extent.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#2djrudenPosted 2/4/2013 8:49:52 AM
Agreed. I buy a game and I usually play that game mostly until it's completed. There's a few exceptions where I end up disliking the game or maybe I don't have time to play for a while and I lose track where I am and quit playing the game. Tho sometimes I do pick those games back up in the future. Mostly I finish games before allowing myself to purchase another tho. Seems wasteful to buy and buy but not play them.
#3DucePosted 2/4/2013 8:50:27 AM
Collectors people like buying game boxes just to stare at them.
#4HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:53:54 AM
Duce posted...
Collectors people like buying game boxes just to stare at them.

I see it more as girls that have a shoe buying problem. They don't need the shoes, they think they do and and to buy it, but in the end, they never wear them.
---
#5nihilist212Posted 2/4/2013 8:57:16 AM
I get a game, play it as much as my interest will hold me, and then I trade the game in. I've had a big backlog before, but only when there's lots of games I want to play and I don't have a lot of gaming time.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#6SuperShadowAcePosted 2/4/2013 8:58:02 AM
No, I have a backlog because I got more then one game during the holidays.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#7third_eye_zero0Posted 2/4/2013 8:58:59 AM
It can be a collector's addiction or a buying/on sale purchasing addiction. It sucks.
#8kg_twolves21Posted 2/4/2013 9:01:58 AM
Sometimes you find deals you can't pass up despite knowing you wont get to play those games anytime soon (like I got GOW Saga on Black Friday for $15Jak and Daxter for $10, few days later found MGS Collection for 11 bucks, could not pass that up).

And then it comes down to working a job, going to school full time and working an internship taking away most of the time I'd have to game and clear up that backlog.....man i can't wait for summer.
#9HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:21:36 AM
kg_twolves21 posted...
Sometimes you find deals you can't pass up despite knowing you wont get to play those games anytime soon (like I got GOW Saga on Black Friday for $15Jak and Daxter for $10, few days later found MGS Collection for 11 bucks, could not pass that up).

like I said, a girl with a shoe buying problem.
---
#10DeviousLightPosted 2/4/2013 9:22:17 AM
Steam backlog...... =(
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.