This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why not just make 2 controllers?

#11bob15xPosted 2/4/2013 11:53:00 AM
vanished814 posted...
because it's not an xbox? I find the DS3 works just as well.

you said "I" so I guess the only thing that matters is your opinion. Myself and many others hate the ps3 controller and avoid ps3 games because of it.

There is nothing wrong with having two styles of controllers. That way you do not lose customers.

seems smart thing to do.
#12bob15xPosted 2/4/2013 11:55:24 AM
regsantotomas posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
it will just cause unnecessary confusion, like the wii U now with it's gamepad + pro controller + wiiUmote madness

That's a very good point. There has to be one default controller. Developers will create games based on that design. Creating two variants isn't pragmatic.

I am wondering if you realize how stupid of a comment that was you made.

You do realize that most games are designed for xbox and ps3 and the layout of the controller is more or less irrelevant. The only changes I have seen had to do with the ds3 because the triggers are so bad.

Developers are not going to give a crap.
#13hockeybub89Posted 2/4/2013 11:58:59 AM
Fungum posted...
hockeybub89 posted...
Finally_Im_Back posted...
They can make one with the classic layout and one with the d pad and analog switched. If your a fps player you would more likely buy the new one

I'm sorry. How does moving the left analog stick an inch up and to the left completely change your ability to play an FPS? Because I play FPS on both PS3 and 360 and I don't see a difference. If we were talking controller vs keyboard & mouse, there is an objective difference there, but the only difference between the two console controllers is whichever one feels more comfortable to you.

The PS3 LS sucks for CoD, and any game that requires L3. It's awkward holding forward and having to click sprint.

The 360 design has the superior stick placement and triggers. There's just nothing to debate about that. Stick design is more preference, but I prefer the concave 360 to the PS3's convex mushroom.

There's ONLY debate about it. In my humble opinion, moving a stick an inch and having it do exactly what it does in the other position changes nothing. Functional adults should be able to adapt from one controller to the next in all of 5 seconds because the differences are aesthetic. I am equally as adept with both controllers.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#14flame030191Posted 2/4/2013 12:02:39 PM
nihilist212 posted...
I don't think there's a need. I prefer the DS3 anyway and is one of the biggest reasons I prefer PS3 to Xbox.

This.

Not to mention Xbox fanboys would cry "copy cat" when they're too blind to realize the 360 controller ripped off of Dual Shock.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#15glory of power metalPosted 2/4/2013 12:07:15 PM
Fungum posted...

The 360 design has the superior stick placement and triggers. There's just nothing to debate about that. Stick design is more preference, but I prefer the concave 360 to the PS3's convex mushroom.

People really prefer the convex DS3 sticks? I came in here specifically to say that the stick placement doesn't bother me at all but the convex tops drive me crazy no matter what I play. I even remember in the PS1 and PS2 days having to readjust my thumbs in racing games or during specific levels like Boulderdash in Crash Bandicoot.

Doesn't anyone else's thumbs constantly slide off the DS3 controllers? It's equal to the shoddy triggers in awfulness.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#16bob15xPosted 2/4/2013 12:12:41 PM
flame030191 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
I don't think there's a need. I prefer the DS3 anyway and is one of the biggest reasons I prefer PS3 to Xbox.

This.

Not to mention Xbox fanboys would cry "copy cat" when they're too blind to realize the 360 controller ripped off of Dual Shock.

lol what? how the heck did the xbox rip off the dual shock.
#17bob15xPosted 2/4/2013 12:13:25 PM
glory of power metal posted...
Fungum posted...

People really prefer the convex DS3 sticks? I came in here specifically to say that the stick placement doesn't bother me at all but the convex tops drive me crazy no matter what I play. I even remember in the PS1 and PS2 days having to readjust my thumbs in racing games or during specific levels like Boulderdash in Crash Bandicoot.

Doesn't anyone else's thumbs constantly slide off the DS3 controllers? It's equal to the shoddy triggers in awfulness.

Mine do all the time. I ended up buying an adapter on amazon to use my 360 controller.
#18hockeybub89Posted 2/4/2013 12:13:59 PM
vanished814 posted...
because it's not an xbox? I find the DS3 works just as well.

you said "I" so I guess the only thing that matters is your opinion. Myself and many others hate the ps3 controller and avoid ps3 games because of it.

There is nothing wrong with having two styles of controllers. That way you do not lose customers.

seems smart thing to do.

And there's nothing wrong with them having one style of controller. You can always buy a third party 360 controller if you are really that non-adaptable.

"Why not? It's not a big deal" is not a valid argument because that is exactly why a company wouldn't worry about including something in their product. Because it isn't a big deal.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#19regsantotomasPosted 2/4/2013 12:18:25 PM
bob15x posted...
regsantotomas posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
it will just cause unnecessary confusion, like the wii U now with it's gamepad + pro controller + wiiUmote madness

That's a very good point. There has to be one default controller. Developers will create games based on that design. Creating two variants isn't pragmatic.

I am wondering if you realize how stupid of a comment that was you made.

You do realize that most games are designed for xbox and ps3 and the layout of the controller is more or less irrelevant. The only changes I have seen had to do with the ds3 because the triggers are so bad.

Developers are not going to give a crap.

Sorry if my comments offended you so.

My point was that when you start offering multiple variants to a controller, it can split developers. Do you use sixaxis or standard controls? Do you add Move/Kinect functionality? If it was ONLY the positioning of the d-pad, then yes it would probably wouldn't matter all that much.

At the same time, I think that having one solution is ideal. Hopefully this comment was less stupid.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#20RhytenPosted 2/4/2013 1:25:17 PM
Fungum posted...

Good point yes. Happens to me too.
---
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz | EVGA Gtx 570 1280 Mb | 8 Gb DDR 3 1333 Mhz | WD 1 Tb 7200 Rpm SATA 3 | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900