This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disney World of Wonder Blu-ray disc to properly adjust your tv settings

#1AmazingDanyPosted 2/4/2013 10:35:47 AM
I bought it and it's VERY user-friendly to calibrate all sorts of tv. My two tvs
looks very respectable now, not just for gaming but also for regular tv shows, sports (Super Bowl popped right out of my screen!) and dvd movies.

Why spend a big chunk of your hard-earned money for that flat screen when the image has store and factory settings, yes? You gotta maximize your investment!

Amazon U.S. link:

http://www.amazon.com/Wow-Blu-ray-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B00462PTDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359998725&sr=8-1&keywords=disney+wow

Discussion thread with its creator on AVSforum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1303667/disneys-wow-world-of-wonder-blu-ray-official-avsforum-review

It can also help you adjust your sound system but I don't have any that so I can't say.

I swear I don't work for Disney :). Just wanna help fellow gamers have the best gaming pic possible!

You haven't played video games until you played on a properly adjusted tv!
#2NicodimusPosted 2/4/2013 10:40:52 AM
I got this a few months back. I prefer it to DVE because the interface is SO much easier to navigate, especially once you know what you're doing and just want quick access to the test patterns.

It IS one huge Disney commercial in some areas, but that's not really a surprise.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#3AmazingDany(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:47:44 AM
Nicodimus posted...
I got this a few months back. I prefer it to DVE because the interface is SO much easier to navigate, especially once you know what you're doing and just want quick access to the test patterns.

It IS one huge Disney commercial in some areas, but that's not really a surprise.

Awesome!

Have you put your sharpness to zero? Personally, no matter how close or how hard I look at the sharpness pattern, I cannot see exactly where it begins to have to that "halo", so it's at 0 (out of 100).
#4MightyjimpoPosted 2/4/2013 10:50:35 AM
I've always just used the THX mastering tutorial that's on my T2 judgement day DVD! My LG LED (and Sony Bravia before it) look really good.
---
The cure for anything is salt water; sweat, tears, or the sea. ISAK DINESEN (1885-1962)
#5NicodimusPosted 2/4/2013 10:57:52 AM
I've had my sharpness at 10/100 since I got the TV and calibrated it a few years ago. Most people have the sharpness set way too high, because the default setting is often 50. Most TVs should have it either at zero or slightly higher.
---
#6Shadow CloudPosted 2/4/2013 11:22:22 AM
I might consider it if the disc was a bit cheaper like around $10.
#7NicodimusPosted 2/4/2013 11:33:21 AM
It always blows my mind when people spend hundreds or sometimes thousands of dollars on a HDTV/audio system, but they won't spend $17 to get it calibrated so that it looks the best it possibly can.
---