This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any Call of Duty game that everyone can agree was good?

#1Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/4/2013 9:46:22 AM
I recently downloaded a Call of Duty demo. The mission involved a shootout at a Russian airbase followed by a race on snowmobiles that ended in jumping it over a cliff to a waiting helicopter. It was really cool and I could see what people were saying about it being akin to a Michael Bay film. It was all over the top action, ridiculous, improbably action and it was a lot of fun. I've all seen clips from other games in the series with more crazy action like submarines converging on Paris and fighter jets racing between buildings in NYC. It seems much better then my recent purchase of Battlefield 3 which took itself so seriously it was just a downer. But I've also learned that there seems to be a lot of debate about the quality of the franchise, that all the review sites have been bribed to give the games high scores but there are so many games in the series that I'm think that there has to be at least one that everyone can agree is worth playing. Right?
#2SuperShadowAcePosted 2/4/2013 9:47:45 AM
Even the biggest haters of the series like 1-4.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#3work_a_holicPosted 2/4/2013 9:48:31 AM
I like all of them, but I think most will agree that Modern Warfare was the best. I don't agree with that though.
#4ComfortablySadPosted 2/4/2013 9:48:37 AM
I liked Call of Duty 2 or whichever one it is where you get grenade training by throwing potatoes.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#5lato9905Posted 2/4/2013 10:00:14 AM
Cod 2.
#6thefabregas22Posted 2/4/2013 10:01:37 AM
I liked blops. bored of all of em now tho
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#7Dirk_McHardpeck(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:04:00 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
I liked Call of Duty 2 or whichever one it is where you get grenade training by throwing potatoes.

lato9905 posted...
Cod 2.

Do you mean Call of Duty 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? Because Call of Duty 2 looks to be a PS2 game and I only have a PS3
#8lato9905Posted 2/4/2013 10:05:26 AM
Call of Duty 2. I had it on the 360 so no idea if it ever came to the ps3. Had too much fun online with that one.
#9AssaultMonkey9Posted 2/4/2013 10:10:34 AM
Call of Duty 1 blew me away from the second i played the PC demo. It was like MOH: Allied Assault on steroids

COD2 was just as amazing.

COD3 was definitely weaksauce, a surprising fumble

COD4:MW1 I must have played the beta on 360 for 20 hours- it was a blast. While they rehashed everything for years, COD4 was amazingly fresh, unique and fun when it came out.

Black Ops 1 also had IMO, the most interestign story mode of the series
---
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, FTL, Hitman, AC3, RE6
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#10SuperShadowAcePosted 2/4/2013 10:12:21 AM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
ComfortablySad posted...

lato9905 posted...
Cod 2.

Do you mean Call of Duty 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? Because Call of Duty 2 looks to be a PS2 game and I only have a PS3

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=Call+of+Duty+2
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.