This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dynasty Warriors 5 ps2 classic question...

#1Mason_CainPosted 2/4/2013 12:26:59 PM
Just the vanilla or xl built in as well? Kinda pointless without the xl :/
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#2Mason_Cain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:59:41 PM
Bump
---
#3UniversquallPosted 2/4/2013 1:18:58 PM
If it says DW5 it's just DW5.
---
After the Fallout
#4SHAO-KhanPosted 2/4/2013 1:52:49 PM
its just the base game
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#5KoroshiyaZeroPosted 2/4/2013 2:35:22 PM
It's actually not pointless without the xl, as you needed both game discs to get the full functionality out of xl. If you only had xl, you were limited to its specific modes.
#6Mason_Cain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:02:48 AM
You realise the WHOLE OF THE VANILLA was always present on the XL discs? Unless you actually believed that swapping the disc for 5 seconds magically loaded the WHOLE THING into the ps2 RAM?

So if they had uploaded the XL game, they could have easily called it DW5 + XL andlet you access the ame in its entirety. But no.
---
#7AmyUnleashedPosted 2/5/2013 5:11:47 AM
Mason_Cain posted...
You realise the WHOLE OF THE VANILLA was always present on the XL discs? Unless you actually believed that swapping the disc for 5 seconds magically loaded the WHOLE THING into the ps2 RAM?

So if they had uploaded the XL game, they could have easily called it DW5 + XL andlet you access the ame in its entirety. But no.

Disc locked content on the PS2 :(

I was always a bit suspicious of that, but at the time i dont not know how much data was actually on the DW5/XL discs so it makes sense if it can fit both on one disc.

I agree with you they could have just released DW5 & XL and charge a little more for it, even though i have the PS2 games i would have rebought them.
#8Evil_GogetaPosted 2/5/2013 5:17:53 AM
Isn't XL separate o the ps2 classics as well?
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, New game coming soon (WiiU) MH3GHD.