This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony cuts ties with SuperBot Entertainment

#1bloodcoastPosted 2/4/2013 2:48:01 PM
Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/02/sony-cuts-ties-with-superbot-entertainment

Well, that was fast.
#2GradyHooverPosted 2/4/2013 2:51:44 PM(edited)
How depressing.

Excellent game needs more support from the community, but oh well.

It's worth mentioning: Sony built this studio. They hand-picked this staff and CREATED SuperBot just to make this specific game.

So cutting ties is essentially killing them, and a real dick move.

---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#3gtaking5Posted 2/4/2013 2:55:37 PM(edited)
How depressing.

It's worth mentioning: Sony built this studio. They hand-picked this staff and CREATED SuperBot just to make this specific game.

Nah. They're still alive and kicking(minus the huge lay offs) They just aren't first party anymore. They'll still be making games. Just not Sony exclusive. Or they may continue with Sony exclusivity. All we know is they ended the contract on good terms, which leads me to believe Sony only wanted Superbot for PSASBR, and after that they were free to do what they want.
---
My imagination runs away, on this 8th avenue serenade
Meet me at the bathroom stall, meet me at the Whispering Wall before all the flames burn out
#4crazyman32Posted 2/4/2013 2:58:00 PM
gtaking5 posted...
How depressing.

Nah. They're still alive and kicking(minus the huge lay offs) They just aren't first party anymore. They'll still be making games. Just not Sony exclusive. Or they may continue with Sony exclusivity. All we know is they ended the contract on good terms, which leads me to believe Sony only wanted Superbot for PSASBR, and after that they were free to do what they want.

Yeah a one game contract basically.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#5ShineboxerPosted 2/4/2013 2:58:45 PM
lol Sony loyalty.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#6NicodimusPosted 2/4/2013 2:59:53 PM
I've never heard of SuperBot Entertainment.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#7UniversquallPosted 2/4/2013 3:00:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8find no fan tar seaPosted 2/4/2013 3:04:44 PM
Nicodimus posted...

Now you have :)
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#9youwiththefacePosted 2/4/2013 3:16:25 PM
Nicodimus posted...

well if it weren't for them creating ps all stars they would have been your typical nobody dev
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ you're seeing red ||||||||||||||||||||||||| you're seeing green
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you're seeing blue ~G~ results may vary
#10Mister_BiggiePosted 2/4/2013 3:29:50 PM
Did the supervisors come into the contract know the outcome including the layoffs? If so, they got a leg up in the industry.

They do have some talent there, profits + the layoffs can help them start their next project as long as it don't stretch out to long.

If they came into the contract without expecting the outcome they are screwed as a developer, and will take the profit, and cut their losses.

Regardless, PS All Stars is in Sonys hands now. It's their project to destroy, or profit off of.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10