This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Went to go play some of my PS2 games.

#11JoveHackPosted 2/4/2013 6:28:40 PM
glory of power metal posted...
I'm usually the first person to defend GameStop, but a few months ago I bought used PS2 controllers. The first one simply didn't work at all, the second had an X button that stuck every time it was pressed in, and the third one.. worked like a charm and felt like it was taken out of it's original packaging and immediately traded to GameStop.

GameStop might have done that when they stopped carrying new PS2s. I got a "refurbished" slim PS2 from them that was brand new, right down to the controller.

It had never even been plugged in. I had to trim some excess from the power cord to make it fit the power brick.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#12glory of power metalPosted 2/4/2013 6:38:32 PM
JoveHack posted...
I'm usually the first person to defend GameStop, but a few months ago I bought used PS2 controllers. The first one simply didn't work at all, the second had an X button that stuck every time it was pressed in, and the third one.. worked like a charm and felt like it was taken out of it's original packaging and immediately traded to GameStop.

GameStop might have done that when they stopped carrying new PS2s. I got a "refurbished" slim PS2 from them that was brand new, right down to the controller.

It had never even been plugged in. I had to trim some excess from the power cord to make it fit the power brick.

Was it GameStop refurbished (if there's a such thing) or factory refurbished? Factory refurbs are for all intents and purposes usually new, they just can't be sold as such by law because at some point they were opened or some part in them isn't an original part. Refurbs are the way to go. I'm currently using what was at the time a $1600 monitor that I got for $500.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#13JoveHackPosted 2/4/2013 6:42:55 PM
JoveHack posted...

Was it GameStop refurbished (if there's a such thing) or factory refurbished? Factory refurbs are for all intents and purposes usually new, they just can't be sold as such by law because at some point they were opened or some part in them isn't an original part. Refurbs are the way to go. I'm currently using what was at the time a $1600 monitor that I got for $500.

Well, all I know is that the word went out that GameStop was doing this with all their new PS2s once they stopped selling new PS2s as such. Gutted the boxes and put the contents into a "Refurbished" box.

My fat PS2 stopped working about that time. So I went down and got me one. Others got one about the same time.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com