This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dont know why Square doesn't just remake ff7 then release a million sequels

#11KaliestoPosted 2/4/2013 5:17:23 PM
From my understanding, they feel like they failed if they remake FF7 because the later installments didn't surpass it.

I can understand their passion...but that is a silly reason.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#12boofiePosted 2/4/2013 5:20:58 PM(edited)
Imagine all the complaining from fanboys when they didn't remake something just right. Cloud has emo hair now! This whole game is terrible!
#13KaliestoPosted 2/4/2013 5:20:07 PM(edited)
Well I got a video who has a good opinion on what needs to be changed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK4qOXqKrUQ

It's a opinion, don't trash him. I agree with him that the cross-dressing thing can be ditched. It was kind of creepy.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#14GoodOlWanduPosted 2/4/2013 5:21:57 PM
squall1981 posted...
ff hd collections:

ff 1 - 9 + spin offs like energize/chocobo racing/ ff tactics etc on 1 blue ray disk, complete with trophy support

also

ff10, 10-2, 12 , doc, crisis core, dissidia, advent children hd collection on blue ray disk

both collections in box set, 1000's of hours gameplay

how much would you pay?

Lol i dunno how much i would pay, but i would definitely buy.
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187
#15FiendingHardPosted 2/4/2013 5:22:26 PM
I consider FF7 to be the greatest game of all time but I'd rather get a FF6 remake first.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#16IHeartMetroidPosted 2/4/2013 5:22:51 PM
Especially if the FFXII was the one with New Game + in it. :)
#17squall1981Posted 2/4/2013 5:23:44 PM
i would love a sequel but i don't however think square would make it a success, since ff10 they have screwed the series up ( ff12 wasnt bad as a stand alone game but didnt feel like a FF game to me)

there is now too much emphasis on pretty graphics and catering to the lowest denominator (bad gamers who need their hand held throughout the game) instead of creating great gamers with epic stories and packed with content. they would prob leave out the weapons and mini games to sell them later as dlc

maybe it is just for the best it gets left alone, i would however like to see a hd version with trophy support
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#18cobain27Posted 2/4/2013 5:50:20 PM
It would be really hard to do a FF7 remake well. I think a really large obstacle is how serious everything after FF7 that was related to it became. There are a lot of jokes and silly things in FF7, not so much Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus/Before Crisis. Cloud became Mr. Brooding and he really wasn't like that in the game. He made jokes and what not. "Let's mosey." The game in general veers from silly things like Barret in a sailor suit to Jenova massacring a ship.

I mean things like the Honeybee Inn, Don Corneo in general, lady Cloud and the finger would be tricky to pull off. Scenes with swearing would have to be censored. I don't know how they would do the overworld map.

I would hope they would do everything the same, but Square just flat out doesn't do the things it used to. I'm mostly concerned that a remake would change too many things about it to fit it into the kind of games Square makes now.
---
There are 4815162342 types of people in this world. Those that love Lost and those who hate the ones that do.
#19DefYouthPosted 2/4/2013 5:53:03 PM
GoodOlWandu posted...
squall1981 posted...
ff hd collections:

ff 1 - 9 + spin offs like energize/chocobo racing/ ff tactics etc on 1 blue ray disk, complete with trophy support

also

ff10, 10-2, 12 , doc, crisis core, dissidia, advent children hd collection on blue ray disk

both collections in box set, 1000's of hours gameplay

how much would you pay?

Lol i dunno how much i would pay, but i would definitely buy.

I would pay more than I care to admit for that.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#20RyuuHou25Posted 2/4/2013 5:53:57 PM
They don't like money, that's the only explination. I've been saying since that stupid tech demo that they would sell ridiculous amounts of that game once again if they remade it, but noooooooooo.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB