This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dont know why Square doesn't just remake ff7 then release a million sequels

#21DefYouthPosted 2/4/2013 4:57:25 PM
cobain27 posted...
It would be really hard to do a FF7 remake well. I think a really large obstacle is how serious everything after FF7 that was related to it became. There are a lot of jokes and silly things in FF7, not so much Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus/Before Crisis. Cloud became Mr. Brooding and he really wasn't like that in the game. He made jokes and what not. "Let's mosey." The game in general veers from silly things like Barret in a sailor suit to Jenova massacring a ship.

I mean things like the Honeybee Inn, Don Corneo in general, lady Cloud and the finger would be tricky to pull off. Scenes with swearing would have to be censored. I don't know how they would do the overworld map.

I would hope they would do everything the same, but Square just flat out doesn't do the things it used to. I'm mostly concerned that a remake would change too many things about it to fit it into the kind of games Square makes now.

lol at the thought of Honeybee Inn HD. Worth the price of admission alone.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#22Devilman_AmonPosted 2/4/2013 5:02:53 PM
Because in their mind, FF7 would cost too much for them to make due to it having to be a huge world if remade into HD (hence FF XIII being a hallway fest) and it also goes against Wada's ego since he wasn't around with the company when it was made. He won't be content until he makes a FF that profits more than FF VII did and is more critically acclaimed.

See, one of the main problems with S-E is Wada. He's a stubborn and prideful superstitious idiot.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#23zyrax2301Posted 2/4/2013 5:08:08 PM
Square spends more time on character's hair than anything else - do you know what a nightmare it would be to upgrade Cloud's signature do for THE WHOLE THING? Too much work, that's why brown-hair-Cloud's game never got made.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#24OrangeSchweesePosted 2/4/2013 5:19:39 PM
find no fan tar sea posted...
I'm dying for a FF6 remake...Sniff :(

this is what Agni's Philosophy looked like to me. I really hope they go through with a game that resembles it.
#25majin nemesisPosted 2/4/2013 5:54:38 PM
a remake would ruin the game because a lot of things would be cut because they are either not realistic enough for all the realism addicts out there or just wrong these days somehow
also another thing that would be cut would be the cloud's cross dressing because people would mistake him for lightning and then say that lightning is in the game and then demand that lightning would be added or removed from the game
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#26evoxpiscesPosted 2/5/2013 11:07:10 AM
Square-Enix is just full of bad ideas these days. I personally think FF7 is overrated and did NOT age well AT ALL. But that's partly why I think it should be remade. It would be awesome and sell a ton of copies and I for one would buy one day one. Buuuut Square-Enix seems intent on driving themselves bankrupt.