This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can say something after playing Ni No Kuni for 17 minutes...

#21JuanZoloPosted 2/5/2013 12:02:22 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
It's not that good lol.

I disagree. I had the same feeling as TC.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#22Wario_manPosted 2/5/2013 12:15:08 AM
rswsc0407 posted...
Wario_man posted...
I've been wanting to pick it up but I'm already drowning in games and $89 seems pretty steep for a new series.

$89?? Where in the hell do you live that it would cost that much. Or are you talking about the Wizard Edition?

Speaking of that, what came with the WE? I'm thinking it was probably an art book and soundtrack.

New South Wales, yo. It is that price on PSN, JB Hi-Fi and EB Games.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#23LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/5/2013 4:49:00 PM
rswsc0407 posted...
Wario_man posted...
I've been wanting to pick it up but I'm already drowning in games and $89 seems pretty steep for a new series.

$89?? Where in the hell do you live that it would cost that much. Or are you talking about the Wizard Edition?

Speaking of that, what came with the WE? I'm thinking it was probably an art book and soundtrack.

New South Wales, yo. It is that price on PSN, JB Hi-Fi and EB Games.

What if you paid the $60 plus shipping and got someone from the states to ship it?
#24digidevilwilPosted 2/5/2013 4:51:11 PM
Worst thing about this game to me is that it doesn't feel Ghibli at all. I didn't know it was Ghibli until I was told.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#25CloakedNubPosted 2/5/2013 4:51:37 PM
Not even close.
#26PhaseSlaethePosted 2/5/2013 4:52:02 PM
digidevilwil posted...
Worst thing about this game to me is that it doesn't feel Ghibli at all. I didn't know it was Ghibli until I was told.

It isn't.

Ghibli isn't as involved as we all hoped.
#27jammiesPosted 2/5/2013 4:54:20 PM
I stopped reading at 17 minutes.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#28digidevilwilPosted 2/5/2013 5:00:16 PM
Btw what happened when Blue Dragon came out? It's like almost 100% the same concept. Overly Classic JRPG design with artstyle from a famous name (and the artstyle of that artist was WAY better represented in the game) impeccable production values, cast of children, and yet that game sort of slid under the radar.

Playstation fans are so insanely dramatic. Somehow riling this game up as something so grand.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#29LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/5/2013 5:07:05 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Aside from the artstyle, I've heard its a pretty shallow and generic JRPG. Now I'm having second thoughts about it.

I wouldn't say it's shallow, but aside from a few aspects, it can be pretty generic. Still a great game nonetheless though.

I am not that far but I have some complaints. I have a strange urge to cut it on but I think I should let my son play through it. He enjoys watching me play as much as he does playing it himself.

Complaints so far? The catching aspect is tedious. All luck based and while that isn't really new to the JRPG design (damn you Danjuro) it gets irritating when you have creatures to catch for sidequests, and if your an OCD completionist its downright hell to complete the 400.

Enemies home in on you like a heatseeker. It's aggravating that your overpowering the enemies very easily and they still come at you. If you get really OP, they run, but I have had one boar run from me and 3 seconds later another run at me in the beginning area.

Handholding even with the marker turned off is frustrating. Stop telling me what spell to use, when to use it, and why we need to use it. I almost wish their was an adult option to disable much more than the star icon.

Until you get the all out attack/defense commands, watching your 2nd party member constantly get beat on by a boss is really frustrating.

Backtracking is really a mixed bag for me. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't run into fights often on the way back to an area to decimated. I won't say this is a full on complaint as much as just an issue for some.
#30PhaseSlaethePosted 2/5/2013 5:07:50 PM
It is watered-down DQ8.

So, still a great game, but it could have been so much better.