This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can say something after playing Ni No Kuni for 17 minutes...

#31LuminescentRulePosted 2/5/2013 5:08:39 PM
Btw what happened when Blue Dragon came out? It's like almost 100% the same concept. Overly Classic JRPG design with artstyle from a famous name (and the artstyle of that artist was WAY better represented in the game) impeccable production values, cast of children, and yet that game sort of slid under the radar.

Playstation fans are so insanely dramatic. Somehow riling this game up as something so grand.

Blue Dragon failed commercially and did ok-ish critically. On top of that, it doesn't look good visually. NNK beats it in all these categories.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif
#32LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/5/2013 5:10:11 PM
Btw what happened when Blue Dragon came out? It's like almost 100% the same concept. Overly Classic JRPG design with artstyle from a famous name (and the artstyle of that artist was WAY better represented in the game) impeccable production values, cast of children, and yet that game sort of slid under the radar.

Playstation fans are so insanely dramatic. Somehow riling this game up as something so grand.

Usually you have to wait a few weeks for the board to calm down to get some more honest opinions. Its a great game, but this board made it sound like it was the very best JRPG this gen. I enjoyed Vesperia and Lost Odyssey so far tons more.

I tried the Blue Dragon demo on 3 counts at different intervals since it came out and it just was very boring to me. Not to mention, it felt like you just mirrored your whole party into one command to maximize damage. Didn't feel like much strategy. Maybe the demo wasn't represented of the final product but I never took that plunge.
#33squall1981Posted 2/5/2013 5:11:03 PM
er mgs3 wasnt that great so this topic isnt exactly flattering Ni No Kuni.
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#34digidevilwilPosted 2/5/2013 5:47:04 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

Blue Dragon failed commercially and did ok-ish critically. On top of that, it doesn't look good visually. NNK beats it in all these categories.

Blue Dragon looks amazing dude, I think you have lost your mind. Easily some of the top production values this genre has and probably ever will see. And Blue Dragon looked better for it's time than NNK does for it's time. Also that's what I'm saying, why did Blue Dragon flop commercially and get overlooked critically when its offering all the same things that NNK does?

And if for some reason Blue Dragon is disliked for it's looks, then we finally acknowledge graphics>>>>>>everything? Since Blue Dragon offers a huge and classic rpg experience just like NNK.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX