This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony needs to force Naughty Dog to make Crash Bandicoot a launch title.

#11Raven_CyarmPosted 2/4/2013 3:55:39 PM
lol @ thinking platformers games are still that big and will net that many sales
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#12TaerarPosted 2/4/2013 3:57:01 PM
I do miss platformers, especially Crash. We haven't had enough of them this gen. Activision seems pretty keen on not bringing out another Crash for a good while which sucks as he's still pretty popular, even among the more older audiences. The idea of fun cartoony characters not selling well hasn't just been bad for Crash, but Spyro and other non-Nintendo characters too. We'll just have to hope next gen brings something better.
#13RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:57:11 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
lol @ thinking platformers games are still that big and will net that many sales

Mario
Rayman

Are you in a coma?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#14este914Posted 2/4/2013 3:57:57 PM
A GOOD Crash Bandicoot launch title.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#15tack129Posted 2/4/2013 3:58:57 PM
RahzarX posted...
LinkinLawg posted...
if Sony wants it back, they'll have to fork over a huge amount of cash to Activision. They'd probably have to pay way more than would even be possible to make back in sales. Even if it sells millions of copies. It just won't happen.

A series that Activision isn't using. Yah okay.

Activision is very greedy, they will ask them to pay huge tonne of cash that is overpriced for what the franchise is worth or refuse to give them the rights for the dead franchise.

It is dead. I don't want another Crash. It would be an insult since Activision would be the only company that will produce the games.
---
PSN: tack129
#16djmaster1994Posted 2/4/2013 3:59:55 PM
nouseravailable posted...
There is always Ratchet and Clank, its fun... i didnt liked until i tried.

yeah like 6 Ratchet and Clank games on PS3
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#17RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:03:17 PM(edited)
tack129 posted...
RahzarX posted...
LinkinLawg posted...
if Sony wants it back, they'll have to fork over a huge amount of cash to Activision. They'd probably have to pay way more than would even be possible to make back in sales. Even if it sells millions of copies. It just won't happen.

A series that Activision isn't using. Yah okay.

Activision is very greedy, they will ask them to pay huge tonne of cash that is overpriced for what the franchise is worth or refuse to give them the rights for the dead franchise.

It is dead. I don't want another Crash. It would be an insult since Activision would be the only company that will produce the games.

The first three games sold 6.8, 3.5 and 3.2 million units respectively.

Hell, the first game is the best selling playstation game OF ALL TIME.

Not buying it back would be a mistake.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#18Nightmare966Posted 2/4/2013 4:15:24 PM
I'm pretty sure SCEI would gladly get back Crash Bandicoot. Problem is, that first Activision must be willing to sell the IP and secondly they must ask for a reasonable price, not asking for God knows how much just because you want it so bad. That's not how business is made, otherwise no one would survive.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#19huyiPosted 2/4/2013 4:28:49 PM
RahzarX posted...

The first three games sold 6.8, 3.5 and 3.2 million units respectively.

Hell, the first game is the best selling playstation game OF ALL TIME.

Not buying it back would be a mistake.

the reason why they sold so well back then because they were classics and platforming was very popular back then, it would have been a mistake to buy back the franchises because the game as a whole is dead now, it's been milked off dry and liquidated because of the ever increasingly popular FPS taking over the gaming industry right now.

on top of that even if they did bring the series back it would be ruined by DLC milking and be massacred i don't think anyone would want that on a classic series, i would love to see crash bandicoot in HD but it's never going to happen.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#20KaliestoPosted 2/4/2013 4:32:13 PM
RahzarX posted...
ukokira1 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Nightmare966 posted...
They must get it back from Activision first.

It's not as easy as saying: Hey, just make this.

Money talks. Do whatever it costs.

Then it would lead to their death very fast.

What the hell do you smoke? You're saying it would cost them enough to put them under? Are you just here to add a little "special" to the topic?

little "special"...oohohohohahahah, that made me laugh somewhat lol.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord