This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seems like NA Sony is buying out exclusive DLC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Seems like NA Sony is buying out exclusive DLC
3 years ago#1
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-vr-missions-are-exclusive-dlc-for-playstation-3/

The fact it's 360 DLC is everywhere BUT North America doesn't bother me at all sine I have a ps3 but still
3 years ago#2
Microsoft does it all the time but it's a bad business practice.

If I was a one console owner and I was getting screwed out of DLC like that I wouldn't buy the game new. If my sixty dollars isn't as good as another guy's then I guess that publisher doesn't deserve my sixty dollars.

I'd much rather buy used and give my money to Gamestop over an a-hole publisher...

I have both systems but it's an anti-consumer practice and it pisses me off. If one system gets more content then why am I paying the same price?
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
3 years ago#3
so? microsoft buys out bethusda exclusivity dlc for the xbox 360, it's about time we got the priority for once.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
3 years ago#4
Bob the Almighty posted...

If I was a one console owner and I was getting screwed out of DLC like that I wouldn't buy the game new. If my sixty dollars isn't as good as another guy's then I guess that publisher doesn't deserve my sixty dollars.

I'd much rather buy used and give my money to Gamestop over an a-hole publisher...

I have both systems but it's an anti-consumer practice and it pisses me off. If one system gets more content then why am I paying the same price?

Not anti consumer at all kiddo. Its an extra. Now only if sony got dlc exclusives for good games. Only took a year for skyrim dlc.
3 years ago#5

Don't forget the millions Sony/Microsoft cut out for exclusivity, its your $60 + that.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
3 years ago#6

You don't deserve anything extra, period.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
3 years ago#7

I'm not going to say exclusive DLC is a good thing, but why wouldn't it cost the same price? Getting a few skins or side missions is free to the people buying it on the system. It's just Day 1 DLC on a single system, ADDITIONAL content not included in the base price.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
3 years ago#8

Depends on if the DLC is free. If it isn't you are paying the same price because the base games are the same.
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
3 years ago#9
Wait, Metal Gear Rising isn't even out yet, why are we hearing about DLC?
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
3 years ago#10
Wow I can't believe how far we've fallen as gamers. No wonder all these crappy practices exsist... we're letting companies screw us over and when something doesn't go a publisher's way it's because we're somehow entitled. Are you guys gonna defend day 1 DLC and disk-locked content too? Or are you just happier paying $70-80 for a game?

I own both systems so it doesn't apply to me (and I had the PS3 version ordered anyway) but that doesn't make any less BS.
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Seems like NA Sony is buying out exclusive DLC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived