This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seems like NA Sony is buying out exclusive DLC

#1JahkeemyorkPosted 2/4/2013 4:52:50 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-vr-missions-are-exclusive-dlc-for-playstation-3/

The fact it's 360 DLC is everywhere BUT North America doesn't bother me at all sine I have a ps3 but still
#2Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 5:14:30 PM
Microsoft does it all the time but it's a bad business practice.

If I was a one console owner and I was getting screwed out of DLC like that I wouldn't buy the game new. If my sixty dollars isn't as good as another guy's then I guess that publisher doesn't deserve my sixty dollars.

I'd much rather buy used and give my money to Gamestop over an a-hole publisher...

I have both systems but it's an anti-consumer practice and it pisses me off. If one system gets more content then why am I paying the same price?
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#3huyiPosted 2/4/2013 5:16:26 PM
so? microsoft buys out bethusda exclusivity dlc for the xbox 360, it's about time we got the priority for once.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#4kcypher2000Posted 2/4/2013 5:17:23 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...

If I was a one console owner and I was getting screwed out of DLC like that I wouldn't buy the game new. If my sixty dollars isn't as good as another guy's then I guess that publisher doesn't deserve my sixty dollars.

I'd much rather buy used and give my money to Gamestop over an a-hole publisher...

I have both systems but it's an anti-consumer practice and it pisses me off. If one system gets more content then why am I paying the same price?

Not anti consumer at all kiddo. Its an extra. Now only if sony got dlc exclusives for good games. Only took a year for skyrim dlc.
#5FiendingHardPosted 2/4/2013 5:17:48 PM

Don't forget the millions Sony/Microsoft cut out for exclusivity, its your $60 + that.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#6ShineboxerPosted 2/4/2013 5:18:11 PM

You don't deserve anything extra, period.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#7hockeybub89Posted 2/4/2013 5:21:23 PM

I'm not going to say exclusive DLC is a good thing, but why wouldn't it cost the same price? Getting a few skins or side missions is free to the people buying it on the system. It's just Day 1 DLC on a single system, ADDITIONAL content not included in the base price.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#8IKnowGameFuPosted 2/4/2013 5:24:37 PM

Depends on if the DLC is free. If it isn't you are paying the same price because the base games are the same.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#9MyEvilTwin7Posted 2/4/2013 5:25:59 PM
Wait, Metal Gear Rising isn't even out yet, why are we hearing about DLC?
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#10Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 5:28:48 PM
Wow I can't believe how far we've fallen as gamers. No wonder all these crappy practices exsist... we're letting companies screw us over and when something doesn't go a publisher's way it's because we're somehow entitled. Are you guys gonna defend day 1 DLC and disk-locked content too? Or are you just happier paying $70-80 for a game?

I own both systems so it doesn't apply to me (and I had the PS3 version ordered anyway) but that doesn't make any less BS.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.