This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seems like NA Sony is buying out exclusive DLC

#21MyEvilTwin7Posted 2/4/2013 5:55:19 PM
hockeybub89 posted...
MyEvilTwin7 posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Microsoft does it all the time but it's a bad business practice.

If I was a one console owner and I was getting screwed out of DLC like that I wouldn't buy the game new. If my sixty dollars isn't as good as another guy's then I guess that publisher doesn't deserve my sixty dollars.
I'd much rather buy used and give my money to Gamestop over an a-hole publisher...

I have both systems but it's an anti-consumer practice and it pisses me off. If one system gets more content then why am I paying the same price?

You don't deserve anything extra, period.

Extra? This is stuff being taken away. Do we all deserve 80-90% of a game for the same price?

Oh. You're one of those people. DLC is EXTRA content. Everyone is getting 100% of the game, but some are getting an extra 5%.

What if the DLC was made along side the game's major development and then held back from us? That's 90% of a game right there.

If the MGR DLC is being talked about now then I can guarantee you that this is what is happening.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#22nightstalker92Posted 2/4/2013 5:58:08 PM
hockeybub89 posted...
MyEvilTwin7 posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Microsoft does it all the time but it's a bad business practice.

If I was a one console owner and I was getting screwed out of DLC like that I wouldn't buy the game new. If my sixty dollars isn't as good as another guy's then I guess that publisher doesn't deserve my sixty dollars.
I'd much rather buy used and give my money to Gamestop over an a-hole publisher...

I have both systems but it's an anti-consumer practice and it pisses me off. If one system gets more content then why am I paying the same price?

You don't deserve anything extra, period.

Extra? This is stuff being taken away. Do we all deserve 80-90% of a game for the same price?

Oh. You're one of those people. DLC is EXTRA content. Everyone is getting 100% of the game, but some are getting an extra 5%.

Except when you can't buy it for your system. Then you have content you can't get thus making your version incomplete. These missions are probably worthless garbage for a quick buck but if you are really excited about this game you probably want to get the most out of it that you can.

Defending this is nonsense. This kind of garbage has driven me to the PC market.
#23RyuuHou25Posted 2/4/2013 5:59:28 PM
"Oh. You're one of those people. DLC is EXTRA content. Everyone is getting 100% of the game, but some are getting an extra 5%."

Delusional optimism and ignorance right here.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#24gjc2007Posted 2/4/2013 6:06:04 PM
I hate practices like this. I absolutely hate them.

They do not in ANY way advance the industry, they do nothing for game quality, they go in the exact opposite direction when it comes to hitting a broader audience, and they basically give a big middle finger to anyone paying $60 for a game on the wrong console.

This is some of the kind of crap that will help push the next industry crash. It may be good short term business practice (on the B2B side of things), but this **** is absolutely terrible for long term brand image.

Whatever though. We have that inevitable world wide debt collapse coming to worry about.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#25Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 6:07:20 PM
hockeybub89 posted...
It's funny because you are the exact example of how far gamers have fallen. You feel entitled to things and anyone that isn't ready to burn down big business with you must be a corporate stooge.

I guess it goes from one extreme to the other: either you're entitled or you're a corporate tool lol.

What's wrong with just being an upset consumer?

Anyway I accidently opened a can of worms that I didn't mean to. I own a PS3 and a 360 so ultimately stuff like this does not affect me. I just think it's crappy for those who can't afford both and thus have to get the game on whatever they own. They pay the same $60. I feel they should get the same DLC, free or not (it's still not fair if a kid buys the game new and wants the DLC but it's platform-exclusive).

I just miss the days when you pay your money and get your game. All the extra unlockables you used to get (for free) are now DLC and that's assuming you can even get that on the system you own. But I can understand that went away and is never coming back. The business model today is sell the base game for $60 and charge for the extras.

Publishers want to go multi-platform for proft then go system-exclusive for the DLC... Why not just make the entire game exclusive rather than just parts of it? Least that way you'll get a better game because it can focus on the strengths of one machine.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#26UniversquallPosted 2/4/2013 6:08:05 PM
For MGSRODST? No wonder people are getting upset.
---
After the Fallout
#27Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/4/2013 6:21:38 PM
Universquall posted...

For any game. What if the PS3 version of the game is worse (loading, framerate, whatever) but has exclusive content? Do you buy the version with more content but technical issues or the version with better performance but less content?
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#28UniversquallPosted 2/4/2013 6:24:39 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
Universquall posted...

For any game. What if the PS3 version of the game is worse (loading, framerate, whatever) but has exclusive content? Do you buy the version with more content but technical issues or the version with better performance but less content?

Who are you talking to? This has never been an issue with Forza Turismo.
---
After the Fallout
#29ShineboxerPosted 2/4/2013 6:34:01 PM
I love how everybody is implying that exclusive DLC is actually directed towards single console owners.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#30dj___rollPosted 2/4/2013 7:56:58 PM
Quote:Wow I can't believe how far we've fallen as gamers. No wonder all these crappy practices exsist... we're letting companies screw us over and when something doesn't go a publisher's way it's because we're somehow entitled. Are you guys gonna defend day 1 DLC and disk-locked content too? Or are you just happier paying $70-80 for a game?

I own both systems so it doesn't apply to me (and I had the PS3 version ordered anyway) but that doesn't make any less BS.

@Bob the Almighty
Don't buy it? No one is forcing you. I know what I'm getting with the games I purchase.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10