This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will PS4 games look as good as PC games now?

#11blankempathyPosted 2/4/2013 5:32:03 PM
squall1981 posted...
at first yes but after a while pc will surpass consoles.

however you have to spend a lot more money to get a pc capable of played top notch games with amazing graphics and not fps lag

90% of pc's can't play games on optimal settings, all ps3's can

meanwhile ps3 games still get framerate drops while most of them run at 30 fps but I guess thats optimal? Yea a good percentage of pcs arent gaming pcs. How is this relevant?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#12EternalNetherPosted 2/4/2013 5:36:28 PM
Too soon to tell TC, but even if the graphics don't match the likes of Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 at launch, you have to remember that graphics get progressively better as time goes on. Devs get more used to the hardware, better software comes out to design games, etc. Just look at the start of this gen and compare the games to what we have now.

All that said, the current rumored GPU in the next Playstation means very little. Consoles are an entirely different beast from the PCs. If you took the GPU out of the PS3 and stuck it into a computer (not possible, but you'll get the point) it wouldn't be able to play games like Far Cry 3 (and many others) the same way the PS3 does. Same goes with the 360. The consoles are optimized purely with gaming in mind and for that reason they can achieve better graphics with lower specs than a PC. But of course the PC continues to upgrade yearly, so it will always surpass the consoles/
#13howdyneighbor25Posted 2/4/2013 10:36:58 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Who cares? I'll be able to use controllers

cuz PC games don't use controllers.

Not a key board mouse fan myself either
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#14LuminescentRulePosted 2/4/2013 10:38:05 PM
Depends on the game. I have yet to see a pc game that can challenge Journey.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif
#15Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 10:40:10 PM
No. Why would people expect a console to be on par with a PC and still be 400 bucks. A top of the line PC is waaaaay beyond that. The PS4 games will look better by a small margin than the PS3, but don't expect anything mind blowing. All the consoles are going to be pretty comparable this generation and the PC will still be the place to go for graphics. If you want graphics, then consoles are not the place to look.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#16faris_ruhiPosted 2/4/2013 10:45:24 PM(edited)
Mostly they will look better actually since the majority of PC games are simple upreses/higher framerate versions of console games (devs did a lazy job). But they will not be able to surpass (or look as good as) the best looking games on PC right now (like Crysis).
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#17GoreGrossPosted 2/4/2013 10:53:09 PM
They'll probably look great. But no, PC will always have the highest potential.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#18midgarPosted 2/4/2013 11:02:33 PM
if the specs are right then the ps4's graphics will probably be that of a gtx 660(non ti) which should be able to do current multiplat games at that res around 60fps. the more hardcore games however like crysis 3 or planetside 2 might be more of an issue without heavy optimization.

Dude, I run PS2 with a GTX480/i5 @ 1080p and don't drop below 50PFS even in big fights. I'm regularly over 90FPS in that game.
Crysis 3, I have no idea, but it won't be difficult. Any trouble running that is less hardware and more poor optimization on AMD machines.

But yes, I think the next gen of consoles will be close to current era PC games. At the very least, the hardware in the next gen consoles
are comparable to machines that can run newer PC titles at max. And those are games not even optimized to run on standardized hardware.
#19VanderZooPosted 2/4/2013 11:07:23 PM
Better. Consoles usually have better looking games for their first 2 years on the market.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf