This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is MLB the show still the game to have for baseball fans?

#1DanMcPosted 2/4/2013 7:24:56 PM
I was just wondering, for years I had heard that baseball fans were getting playstation 3s just to play MLB the show.

Is this game still living up to that quality, or is it just redundant now?
---
I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?
#2DanMc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:37:38 PM
anyone?
---
#3ArrowFluxPosted 2/4/2013 7:44:07 PM
It's much more in depth and fun than the 2k games in my opinion. Then again, the last one I played was '10, so I don't know if it's changed at all. But yes, I'd say if you're a baseball fan definitely give it a try.
---
PSN: ArrowFlux
Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/thearrowflux
#4Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/4/2013 7:44:27 PM
Yes
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#5Monza_Man_Posted 2/4/2013 7:47:15 PM
I'll reply for you! I live in a place where baseball is not popular at all, but I was curious about this game. So I got a parallel import and decided to give it a try and let me tell you; I think this is the best sports game I have ever played. It's so realistic! It's kind of like watching a game of baseball on tv, but you're playing it too. This game has made me a fan of baseball and I do not regret buying it.

There are several game modes; a franchise mode to take control of a team and play out a MLB season and theres also a mode where you create a player and try to get him into the majors. There are other too but those are the main ones I play. There are a few minor glitches here and there though, but the patches have fixed them I think. Hope this helps! ^_^
#6PreacherXWDSXPosted 2/4/2013 7:56:01 PM
MLB the Show is the main reason i bought a PS3, great game......can I hear a " Go Yankees"
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#7DanMc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:07:20 PM
I am a baseball fan, but, the learning curve always prevented me from buying it... did anyone else get this frustrated?
---
#8BurgerTime79Posted 2/4/2013 8:07:29 PM
I'm a fan of just watching baseball at the stadium, and know **** about stats or players. All I wanted was to satisfy an urge to play a baseball game, and this game had me scratching my head trying to figure out what I was looking at. If you're into sports and understand that stuff, then yeah, it's it's probably for you.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#9crazyman32Posted 2/4/2013 8:15:01 PM
Yes,it kicks MLB2K's ass all over the field.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#10DanMc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:18:18 PM
ive never even played the 2k games, im just starting to really get into the game... always been a "fan" but really enjoying it more lately.
---