This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gameinformer gave Dead Space 3 a...

#31thesnoopmeisterPosted 2/5/2013 3:10:17 AM
Snoop is not happy. I'm getting this on Thursday, but I've been given crazy hours and won't fit in a session of more than an hour until Sunday. I know, first world problem.
#32Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/5/2013 3:43:38 AM
game informer is Gamestops publication they give every big release a good score so Gamestop doesn't sit with stacks of unsold games.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#33kingrat2314Posted 2/5/2013 6:49:37 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Is this series story driven? As in, will I be lost if I didn't play the first 2?

Somewhat. There's a lot of lore, and the story can be a bit complex, but Dead Space 3 has a synopsis video when you start a new game.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#34killakPosted 2/5/2013 6:50:33 AM
great score but,I've had DS3 on pre order for months so,even if the reviews were bad I wouldn't care

We are kin, you and I
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#35kingrat2314Posted 2/5/2013 6:50:57 AM
Ghetto_ninja posted...
game informer is Gamestops publication they give every big release a good score so Gamestop doesn't sit with stacks of unsold games.

And what about everywhere else that might give it a great review? What's the excuse then?
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#36tigerex777Posted 2/5/2013 7:19:58 AM
HolyMcmoly posted...
crazyman32 posted...
HolyMcmoly posted...
They're not even trying to hide the fact that EA paid them off, huh?

The usual tactic by some users on game sites if a game gets a better rating then they want the reviewer is paid off.

And you sound like a fanboy right now. I've played the previous two Dead Spaces, and I wanted this one to be good. I really did. Few games deserve a 9.75 though, especially one that doesn't look nearly as good as the first two. I can only see this as Gamestop trying to sell copies of DS3, because it is their magazine after all.

Have you even played the game? I saw two streamers play the game last night on PC and it looked amazing. It looks way better than the first two. Granted it was on PC with probably highest settings but it looked so good. Where did you come up with the idea that it doesn't look as good as the previous two?
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#37enigma2274Posted 2/5/2013 7:26:09 AM
crazyman32 posted...
great score but,I've had DS3 on pre order for months so,even if the reviews were bad I wouldn't care

Me too.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#38HolyMcmolyPosted 2/5/2013 7:41:27 AM
tigerex777 posted...
HolyMcmoly posted...
crazyman32 posted...
HolyMcmoly posted...
They're not even trying to hide the fact that EA paid them off, huh?

The usual tactic by some users on game sites if a game gets a better rating then they want the reviewer is paid off.

And you sound like a fanboy right now. I've played the previous two Dead Spaces, and I wanted this one to be good. I really did. Few games deserve a 9.75 though, especially one that doesn't look nearly as good as the first two. I can only see this as Gamestop trying to sell copies of DS3, because it is their magazine after all.

Have you even played the game? I saw two streamers play the game last night on PC and it looked amazing. It looks way better than the first two. Granted it was on PC with probably highest settings but it looked so good. Where did you come up with the idea that it doesn't look as good as the previous two?

I played through the demo, and that was enough for me. It sounds like your talking graphics. I meant the more important things in a horror game. The pop-up scares are just laughable now, but that was never a problem for me. It's all about the atmosphere, and the first two had it. Dead Space 3, not so much. The enemies with guns only make it worse. Kotaku and IGN pretty much confirmed what I thought this game would be.