This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since Japaneese developers are so innovative and amazing

#51Master_HapposaiPosted 2/5/2013 9:51:16 AM
why cant they make a innovative and amazing FPS game?

Because FPS can never be innovative and amazing.
#52AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/5/2013 9:56:53 AM
Because the third person view is superior, that is a Fact.
#53ThePatrickPosted 2/5/2013 10:34:36 AM
Well

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Japanese people were wondering how come America never made a good sexy mahjong game, a good Monster Hunter-like PSP title, or a really great fighter. It's a different market over there.

I would be interested to see what Mikami or Kamiya would do with the genre but they seem to just have no interest. They've made some great 3rd-person action titles, tho'.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#54necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:08:02 AM
Eseenuz posted...
Vanquish is an AWESOME game

I've met alot of people who don't know how to play it though (they use too much cover like gear), & most cannot finish the game lol

Its a good game but very overrated and does nothing better then the Gears of war series
#55Darth_ElusivePosted 2/5/2013 11:14:20 AM
FPS is one big weakness of Japanese developers.

Same as if you ask a western developer to make a fighting game, they best they could come up with is something like Mortal Kombat. MK is fun to play but I but it in the same bracket as the Naruto Storm series. It's still not in the same league as Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#56SigmaHacielPosted 2/5/2013 11:18:21 AM
necro00 posted...
Eseenuz posted...

I've met alot of people who don't know how to play it though (they use too much cover like gear), & most cannot finish the game lol

Its a good game but very overrated and does nothing better then the Gears of war series

Eh....what?

So Gears of War is full of actually fast-paced action and very fun gunplay?

Right. It isn't.

Darth_Elusive posted...

Same as if you ask a western developer to make a fighting game, they best they could come up with is something like Mortal Kombat. MK is fun to play but I but it in the same bracket as the Naruto Storm series. It's still not in the same league as Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.

It isn't like you can do a whole lot with FPS. Like someone else said, TPS is superior. The biggest leap an FPS can make is being able to look down and actually see feet.
#57nonexistingheroPosted 2/5/2013 11:20:33 AM
necro00 posted...
why cant they make a innovative and amazing FPS game?

Breakdown is a pretty amazing, Japan-developed FPS game. And in fact, Mirror's Edge most likely had it's origins in that game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#58SayoriaPosted 2/5/2013 11:22:48 AM
Innovative + FPS = Dividing by zero.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#59majin nemesisPosted 2/5/2013 11:30:23 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...

this is most likely the true reason
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#60Devilman_AmonPosted 2/5/2013 1:11:00 PM
necro00 posted...
Eseenuz posted...

turdly trolling you are now.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)