This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Played 40 Minutes or so of Ni No Kuni And....

#41YamatoShogunPosted 2/7/2013 10:51:56 AM
Final Fantasy VII probably had the best opening sequence ever, you were hooked instantly once Cloud jumped off that train.
#42IamthekuzalolPosted 2/7/2013 10:56:54 AM(edited)
Most long rpg tend to have a slow start, be patient. I mean one of my favorite rpg like Suikoden 5, 3 hours in and it's still full of cutscene with little gameplay. Come on, just give it more time so you can form a better opinion about NNK.
#43FiendingHardPosted 2/7/2013 11:02:06 AM
YamatoShogun posted...
Final Fantasy VII probably had the best opening sequence ever, you were hooked instantly once Cloud jumped off that train.

Yeah everytime someone says "RPGs start slow and take a few hours to pick up" I think of FF7. More games should consider going the God of War route because not everyone will be tempted to keep playing if games take several hours to pick up, especially with them backlogs.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#44thetrixter99Posted 2/7/2013 11:09:36 AM
I found the same problem with Person 4, I was like when is the school and the babysitting gonna be over so I can play an JRPG
---
Just when you think you have it all figured out you been tricked :)
#45Mindwipe77Posted 2/7/2013 11:09:57 AM
i stopped playing a few hours in cause i cant stand the battle system..a shame, good game otherwise
---
Now playing-DMC
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#46Shy420Posted 2/8/2013 6:48:09 AM
FiendingHard posted...
YamatoShogun posted...

Yeah everytime someone says "RPGs start slow and take a few hours to pick up" I think of FF7. More games should consider going the God of War route because not everyone will be tempted to keep playing if games take several hours to pick up, especially with them backlogs.

Ever play Suikoden V, I think it was 5, there was a six hour start to the game. It wasn't something that another player could do quicker it was just a six hour story start. I may be remembering wrong but I think it may have been six hours before you even fought anything.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#47KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/8/2013 6:51:03 AM
40 minutes to judge a JRPG?

Idiotic, you need patience and need to play at least 5 hours (probably more) to give it a proper chance. But as you are posting this topic I would suggest you don't bother with JRPGs as you don't seem to have the right mind set.

ADVICE - You cannot judge a game on the scale of a JRPG in 40 minutes. If you think you can you obviously don't understand the genre.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#48StealthlysPosted 2/8/2013 6:52:55 AM
Lol NNK being long.
#49Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/9/2013 5:49:47 AM
Stealthlys posted...
Lol NNK being long.

It is.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#50cirkmetroidPosted 2/9/2013 7:47:01 AM

The equivilent of you sitting down to watch a movie, see the FBI Warning, and hoping it gets better.

Relax.

For what it's worth the FBI Warning to one of my favorite movies (Fight Club) was actually very entertaining.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still really hoping there will be more Legacy of Kain games...somehow!