This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Create Your Own Console Game???

#1ill-thoughtsPosted 2/5/2013 12:55:57 AM
i was looking at some cryengine3 stuff and it just got me to thinking, when will Consoles get something that lets us create our own game?? i dont want to have to pay $5000 for an uber powered pc just to see that happen. i want to Create levels and missions, build structures, place items, etc...and then share that gaming level with the online community. i think next gen should definitely offer us an engine package on disc for maybe $200, id definitely pay to be able to create some of these levels these guys have in these videos.

http://youtu.be/8eZsr2GdurI

http://youtu.be/yHJMJ_GcBLc
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#2lambchipsPosted 2/5/2013 1:04:28 AM
LBP or minecraft... basically any games with lite mod support
if you want to make something amazing, you'll need to have a pc...

i dont think console games will ever allow gamers to tweak the codes
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3PoorCountryPosted 2/5/2013 1:10:02 AM
You don't actually need a super duper computer to create games. If you want to model and create environments and stuff, get Blender. It's free. But if you want to texture your assets and make a full game with them, you'll need to spend money on software like Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, and a game engine.
#4ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:23:53 AM
PoorCountry posted...
You don't actually need a super duper computer to create games. If you want to model and create environments and stuff, get Blender. It's free. But if you want to texture your assets and make a full game with them, you'll need to spend money on software like Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush, and a game engine.

i definitely want to jump into making my own games, todays games are just unoriginal and SUCK and dont entertain me anymore. Blender looks good, when i get a new pc, ill try it out, thanks.
---
#5cycledancePosted 2/5/2013 1:34:17 AM
i hate cryengine...never seen a good looking game with that engine.
#6QwelzaarKanePosted 2/5/2013 1:36:08 AM(edited)
You can also try out Valve Hammer Editor. I tried out the GoldSrc version and it's pretty easy to get the hang of simple map creation.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Valve_hammer_editor.jpg
---
Herp derp a doo wop, a wop bam boo!
#7ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:40:08 AM
cycledance posted...
i hate cryengine...never seen a good looking game with that engine.

cryengine3???? those vids i posted look Amazing, id love to use that engine.
---
#8awesomesauce13Posted 2/5/2013 3:10:23 AM
You're making it sound like you could make a decent game in a few days, or hours even, like you can do with a level editor in games like LBP. To actually make a game from scratch (even with some sort of "game editor") takes a lot of skill/knowledge and time
#9ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:23:43 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
To actually make a game from scratch takes a lot of skill/knowledge and time

we know, guy....we know.
---
#10CallOfGoatyPosted 2/5/2013 3:36:07 AM
You should try some learning programing language first. If you're really interested in it and have the time.

I was really into mods and stuff before. But things got busy lately and doesn't have any time for it now.